Manager, Life Sciences
Manager, Life Sciences
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is currently seeking a Manager with prior experience managing business and technology proj ects for the Healthcare and Life Sciences Practice in our Chicago office. This practice delivers business, operations and technology solutions to clients in the pharmaceutical, medical device and related industries.
There are three main areas of responsibility for our Managers:
1. Client Delivery:
* Communicate and report project status to client executives, including budget, risks, issues, etc.
* Track consulting project budgets, create and deliver invoices, and management payment process
* Mentor and manage teams of younger consultants to be able to keep project on time as well as QA of work done by the team.
* Quickly respond to client requests for immediate issues while also being able to drive projects to completion
* Analyze each client's specific request and determine the underlying problem and recommend proper solutions
* On larger engagements, be able to work with larger management teams and determine independencies between the WMP project and other initiatives
2. Business Development:
* Participate in business development meetings with prospective clients
* Understand business needs and requirements and help turn those goals into concrete projects and detailed proposals
* Creating work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects
* Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
* Attend networking events and business related social events
3. Practice Development:
* Identify strengths and issues; drive and develop better behavior to create strong consultants
* Participate actively in the recruiting process for other consultants
* Drive the development/enhancement of WMP’s methodologies and approaches to client delivery
* Coach and manage other consultants and actively participate in the performance expectation process
* Bachelor of Science degree required with a Business or a Healthcare and Life Sciences emphasis
* Must have experience working external clients in a team-based professional consulting capacity
* Consulting Manager with 3-5 years of consulting experience within the Healthcare and Life Sciences industry or an internal consulting group within a corporate organization;
* 1-3 years of experience managing projects
* 3+ years of hands-on responsibilities as a project manager leading business or technology strategy projects Industry knowledge in Sales and Marketing techniques
* Knowledge and experience with complex business systems integration and technology transformation
* Must have experience in developing work plans, project scopes, pricing estimates, and presentations to assist in selling work to clients
* Must have experience managing a variety of teams, including small engagements as well as large initiatives. Should have experience estimating project work and cost.
* In addition to project management skills, must have a desire to participate in business development and manage client relationships
* Strong analytical, problem solving, and quality experience
* Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
* Strong communication skills to be able to work with clients and present to C-level executives.
* Thoroughly and accurately understand issues and analyze the problem in a systemic fashion
* Ability to travel 50% +is required
* Must demonstrate willingness to put in the extra effort (extended work hours, participate in events outside of standard working hours) for client, company and personal success
* Demonstrated ability to generate new business with existing clients and building long term relationships
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.#LI-DNP