Manager of Mentoring and Inclusion Programs at Chicago Innovation
Position: Manager of Mentoring and Inclusion Programs
Chicago Innovation is looking for an empathetic, driven, and entrepreneurial self-starter who is passionate about equality and innovation to join our team as Manager of Mentoring and Inclusion Programs, which includes leading two programs that utilize mentoring as a means to advance our vision that innovation is for everyone:
- Women’s Mentoring Co-op: What started as a group of 25 women in 2016 has grown into a vibrant community of over 450 women who are committed to our mission of connecting, empowering and propelling women interested in innovation and entrepreneurship in Chicago.
- Ageless Innovators: Ageless Innovators bridges the generations through reciprocal co-mentoring to share experiences, skills and perspectives, along with building age-related empathy.
We are seeking a leader who possesses the vision to take these inclusion-focused initiatives to greater heights.
Now in its 19th year, Chicago Innovation operates a year-round series of events and programs to empower the Chicago innovation ecosystem by educating, connecting and celebrating innovators. Our vision is to solidify the Chicago region as a global leader in innovation, and to ensure that innovation is for everyone.
Primary job duties would include the following:
Champion these programs to the broader Chicago business and non-profit communities
- Act as an ambassador for supporting diversity, equity and inclusion in Chicago
- Engage in thought leadership around issues impacting women and older adults in the workplace, including the writing of op-eds and articles, speaking on panels at events, etc.
- Expand the depth and breadth of each program through creating and implementing strategic goals that add new offerings and value to all program constituents
Partner relationship-building and management
- Lead the identification and solicitation of sponsors, funders and strategic partners
- Write grants and fundraising proposals to support the financial growth and sustainability of each program
- Manage relationships with existing sponsors and key partners
Program planning and implementation:
- Recruit mentors and mentees to participate in each 6-month cohort cycle of the program
- Pair participants to ensure mentoring relationships are good fits
- Communicate with mentors and mentees throughout the course of each cohort cycle
- Oversee data collection and measurement of program outcomes
Event planning and execution
- Plan and lead program events, including cocktail receptions, educational roundtables and small group discussions, and support two larger events: Celebrating Women in Innovation and Innovation for the Ages
- Manage relationships with event vendors and oversee logistics
- Communicate with attendees leading up to the event to manage RSVPs and answer questions
- Create event agendas and act as emcee for program events
- Passion for inclusion and enjoys working with people who are committed to empowering others
- Good communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Creative problem solver, efficient work-flow manager, and strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a highly organized manner
- Strong teamwork and consensus-building skills; effective in group decision-making
- Positive attitude, entrepreneurial and a passion for building Chicago’s innovation community
Seeking candidates with 2-5 years of relevant work experience. Learn more at www.chicagoinnovation.com.