Manager, Mergers & Acquisitions (ERP) at West Monroe
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready for the next step on your career journey?
Our Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) practice is seeking a Manager with an ERP background to join our rapidly growing team in Chicago. In this dynamic role, you will work with our national M&A practice servicing both corporate and private equity clients, which includes leading operational and technology assessments during the due diligence phase, planning as part of the carve-out or merger integration transactions, and post-close execution management (e.g. IMO). In addition to client service delivery, you will have the opportunity to assist with business development, along with contributing to internal practice development leadership.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Assess the underlying Business Operations and IT within an organization to make recommendations on how to achieve long-term scalability, reduce operational cost, or better support business processes
- IT Strategy, ERP software selections post-merger or divestiture
- Facilitate client workshops focused on designing future state business process and requirements following an M&A event
- Generate project deliverables (e.g., due diligence reports) in timely manner
- Lead teams serving clients across industries (with specific capabilities in mergers & acquisitions), while demonstrating executive presence with C-level client counterparts
- Interface with all levels of management both internally and at client sites
- Drive client facing engagements in operational processes and technology that support value creation and process efficiency across functions
- Facilitate due diligence site visits focused on identifying operational and technology strategy, organizational structures, and current state business processes and supporting technology
- Assess due diligence targets respective operating models and organizational structures against leading practices and industry benchmarks
- Lead engagements teams on transaction advisory, guiding the team to prepare focused request lists and agenda, facilitating on-site reviews, and providing leadership over deliverables
- Drive the development/enhancement of WMP’s M&A methodologies (diligence, planning, carve-out, etc.) and approaches to client delivery
- Coach and manage other consultants and actively participate in the performance review process
Here’s what you’ll need to bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field preferred, or equivalent experience required
- Consulting firm/industry experience preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years participating in team-based, client-facing IT consulting or IT operational role with a focus on ERP implementations
- Minimum of 2-3 years executing IT system implementation projects
- Strong knowledge of business process / operational consulting in Healthcare,
- Manufacturing & Distribution, and technology/tech-enabled companies
- Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience, change management, strategic planning and analysis
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities concurrently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications and customer relations skills
- Ability to work permanently in the United States without sponsorship
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.