Manager Operations Products and Programs at Paylocity
The Manager, Operations Programs, and Products is a leadership role tasked with coordinating a successful Operations-focused Programs portfolio for Paylocity clients and employees. The successful candidate will demonstrate program leadership by leveraging strong program management experience, leadership, influence, communication, and negotiation based on well-established stakeholder management abilities and strong collaborative working relationships. The ideal candidate is a proven leader who takes initiative to resolve complex issues across multiple disciplines. The Manager, Operations Programs, and Projects is primarily responsible for leading complex cross-functional programs and projects with minimal direction while ensuring an accurate and timely experience for our customers. This includes but is not limited to managing through all aspects of a program including, but not limited to, Tax, Service, Support, L&D, Back office, and Development work. In addition, the candidate should have experience with program scheduling, vendor management, resource management, financial management, and stakeholder management. The programs will involve enterprise-wide initiatives aimed at improving multiple domains to achieve accurate and timely project deliverables and experience for our customers while ensuring an effortless experience for our employees. Responsibility for bugs and enhancement tracking, prioritization, and reporting as it relates to programs and or projects is required.
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Contribute to the corporate project portfolio prioritization process. Serves as a key resource to resolve complex and critical issues across the organization
- Lead the development of proposed project business cases, scope, estimates, delivery schedules, and interdependencies mapping. Coordinate the delivery of related initiatives
- Identify, measure, monitor, and control cross-program interdependencies with other programs and business areas.
- Identify and communicate issues, risks, and status to propose solutions, drive decisions, and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Forecast resource demand and constraints across project deliverables and other prioritized projects.
- Manage a team of matrixed business and technology project managers to deliver program business results, including but not limited to providing performance feedback and professional development suggestions.
- Consistently develop and deliver outstanding presentations to all types and levels of audiences.
- Skillfully facilitate critical program meetings, including but not limited to program steering committee with senior executives.
- Negotiate conflict resolution and awareness of organizational dynamics.
- Forecast and manage all financial aspects of assigned projects.
- Develop and maintain a scorecard, roadmap, and initiative list
- Develop and maintain a cross-organizational testing program
- Facilitate and manage appropriate vendor statements of work and performance.
- Lead the project management team and adapt project plans and priorities to address changes, risks, and resource management to meet portfolio needs.
- Work with Product Teams and Application Analysts to prioritize the release fixes necessary for major software releases. Communicate results of these meetings with the Operations and Technology Teams to determine estimated completion dates for each project.
- Handle escalated issues (Red Alerts)
- All other projects as assigned
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of project management and process improvement experience
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
- Six Sigma Lean methodology training and experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience within a customer service focused organization
- Management experience is a plus
- Ability to think and act strategically across multiple businesses, technology, and program delivery concepts.
- Demonstrated experience as a Program Manager leading multiple cross-functional business and technology implementations with limited reliance on a direct manager.
- Ability to independently develop and deliver effective presentations with executive management.
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills with senior stakeholders.
- Outstanding leadership and organizational awareness skills.
- Outstanding problem-solving ability.
- Experience working with payroll or HCM software
- Thorough understanding of HCM, tax or payroll service provider operations
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office; specifically program/project management software (MS Project etc.).
This Job Excludes CO Applicants