222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
We are seeking an experienced Manager (PMO) for our growing Operations Excellence practice. Our consultants work in a variety of capacities helping organizations plan for and execute one or more transformational initiatives. As a growing practice, we also offer our consultants opportunities to participate in practice development and support sales and marketing efforts. Our Program Management and PMO approach is based on the principle that effective Program Management is a critical component of transformation initiatives. Effective program leadership ensures alignment with strategy and increases project success rates, and improves business ROI.
Successful candidates will manage and/or participate in the following types of engagements for our clients:
* Program management across multiple work streams in business and technology initiatives
* Project and/or program health assessments with recommendations for recovery and course correction
* PMO planning and maturation, rollout and implementation, and career path definition and development
* PMO governance, processes, procedures, and best practice PMO and enterprise integration and alignment
* Process Improvement and PMO Optimization
* Program management – from planning to execution to knowledge transfer
- Develops and balances plans for successful execution
- Works with executive team to ensure alignment with transformation goals and objectives – including benefit realization, organization alignment (Target Operating Model), processes and skills
- Actively participates and coordinates program-level interactions with sponsors to ensure proper implementation of programs and projects
- Identifies and implements program management best practices
- Acts as liaison to internal and external constituencies, vendors, sponsors, etc.
- Leads business decisions regarding methods, techniques, and procedures for program design and completion
- Manages resources, budgets, and deliverables
- Proactively identifies and manages issues and risks
* Experience with and a strong understanding of Agile and Waterfall principles and methodologies
* Effective oversight and control of PMO structures and processes (e.g., portfolio management, resource/workload management)
* A proven track record within industry (consulting experience a plus) that demonstrates abilities to work closely with executives (technical and operational) and line personnel
* Strong skills in project/program management and PMO tools such as MS Project, Planview, Clarity
* Strong communication and leadership skills
* Ability to coach and mentor Project Managers and team members on project methodology and tools
* Keep current on professional best practices through professional literature and training workshops.
* Strong Business Analysis skills a plus
* PMP certification a plus
* Ability to travel 50-70%
* 6-8 years of proven experience in various aspects of project/program management and PMO operations (e.g., project/program management, portfolio management, planning/governance, business analysis/process and application development) and in use/application of project/program and portfolio management best practices
* Clear understanding and experience in project and portfolio governance approaches (including but not limited to PMI, waterfall, iterative, Agile, Scrum, and OPM3)
* Experience with project /program/portfolio intake/alignment and funding models
* Ability to leverage past experience to provide strategic guidance to senior leadership on Business and IT initiatives
* Demonstrated ability to negotiate, persuade, influence others and manage conflict
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.