Marketing Operations Specialist
At Leapfrog Online, the Program Specialist on the Marketing Operations team is responsible for working directly with technical and non-technical teams, both on the client-side and with internal cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate will have project management skills with a desire to help a client successfully execute on marketing requirements while matching that up with our platform functionality.
We are looking for candidates who have a passion for digital marketing and experience with contributing technical specifications on integrations while working with Account Managers to help grow the account services over time. The Technical Program Specialist will be the at the front line between our clients and the cross-functional collaboration between Media, Marketing, Creative, Engineering, Front-end Development, and Contact Centers to define and deliver scalable, online ecommerce solutions for our Fortune 500 clients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work closely with the Account Management and cross-functional teams to define projects.
- Facilitate communication and clarity with cross-functional teams around project plan definitions and timelines to develop thorough, accurate, in-depth and concise requirements and specifications.
- Own assigned projects from conception to launch and ensure high quality (bug free and feature-perfect). This may include developing and maintaining user acceptance test scripts and performing acceptance testing.
- For larger projects, work with various practice leads to develop project scheduling, resource planning, project sizing and scoping as well contingency plans to meet project goals.
- Facilitate identification of tracking and reporting requirements for product/feature launches. Proactively monitor and communicate performance of project launches and how they can be optimized on an ongoing basis using analytical tools.
Digital Marketing Operations, Ad Operations & Client Management Expertise
- Work directly with client and internal stakeholders to gather business and technical requirements, estimates, create timelines and identify resource needs for proposal and project implementation plan development
- Align business requirements with technical capabilities by collaborating with Product and Development teams
- Working knowledge of Ad Serving, DBM, DCM, DoubleClick Search
- Ability to work within DCM to update campaigns, adjust flighting, swap out creatives
- Ability to work with third party agencies to set-up campaigns across media channels
- Verify publisher serving requirements (3rd party or site served) for each placement in the media plan to ensure accurate ad server tagging for performance tracking
- Verify and communicate publisher trafficking process and lead times across all partners
- Execute tag changes ongoing to support media optimizations for any new channels, publishers and placements (or to pause media if needed)
- Define and communicate creative specs and final asset due dates
- Confirm any custom creative development, i.e. rich media, required to support the media plan and work with the client brand team and publishers to define development timelines and approval process
- Work with creative production partners to ensure smooth and accurate asset transfer
- Confirm creative rotation/testing requirements and verify that decision trees are implemented correctly for all running creative
- Execute all ongoing creative refreshes or swaps to support changes in creative strategy
- Confirm scope and cadence for all performance reporting and analytic deliverables and ensure platform and resource support to ensure successful delivery
- Confirm requirements and delivery process for any supplemental publisher data required to support ongoing client performance reporting, i.e. site served video
- Manage requests for creative test results\
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks in time-critical situations.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate cross-functionally.
- Works well both within a team environment as well as independently.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing for creative, copy, concepts and web pages.
- Drive day-to-day operations against prioritized projects and activities for both the client and the internal teams.
- Ability to manage up and seek assistance when appropriate.
- Manage daily/weekly meeting agendas and conference reports.
- Needs to contribute to drafting and executing on creative briefs and obtaining team estimates and approval.
- Be an active participant in provides technical guidance and leadership as appropriate to client and cross-functional teams
- 2+ years of client-facing project management experience with digital marketing and ad operations experience a distinct plus
- Experience contributing/defining technical specs on new integrations a must
- Ability to interface and communicate professionally with clients and internally with multiple roles at multiple levels
- Motivation to learn quickly as new facets in the digital marketing world emerge
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Familiarity with PM software tools, Ad Operations tools (DBM, DCM, DS), common web and e-commerce concepts, tools and technologies (testing methodologies, HTML, SEM vs. SEO, project management software, Microsoft Office Suite, CMS, etc.)