Marketing Project Manager
We’re looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our fast-growing Paylocity marketing department based in Schaumburg, IL. You’ll be responsible for project managing the roll-out of exciting new initiatives and cross-functional campaigns. This role will play a critical part in laying the foundation of processes and infrastructure for a fast-growing team. You must exhibit strong capabilities in large-scale project management, driving process and efficiency and a data-driven approach to project management. The Project Manager reports to the Senior Manager, Marketing Operations & Technology.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Marketing team members to plan and execute complex and large scale initiatives and projects; develop and manage all project aspects from inception to completion, including detailed project plans, resourcing, change control process, risks/issues/decisions, etc.
- Facilitates the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables for specific projects, as assigned; clearly defines requirements and develops targets accordingly.
- Work cross-functionally within the Marketing and throughout the organization to establish and document best practices, processes and change controls. Identify areas for improvement and develop plans to implement.
- Develops, tracks and maintains project plans and project deliverables. Maintains and updates centralized schedule and project database, communicates on project milestones and progress, distributes weekly project update report.
- Collaborate across all business units to control and manage incoming resource requests and routing materials through appropriate channels while aligning to budgets and project plans
- Advise and assist in the coordination and use of various internal and external technologies to optimize project and team efficiency.
- Coordinate cross-functional teams through meetings and progress measurement activity
- Regularly compiles relevant and up-to-date consolidated reports and other materials to update senior leaders and key stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Solicits customer feedback and benchmarks external best practices to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Identifies key metrics to help prioritize and monitor critical activities, ensuring consistent and effective tracking and reporting of progress.
- Leverages data to generate organization and people insights, which in turn influence areas of focus and strengthen decision-making
- Perform various administrative tasks as needed, including: logistics for meetings and workshops, room bookings, catering, and visitor registration.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of practical project management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Proven track record managing complex projects and rolling out large scale programs; experience rolling out rebranding preferred
- Proven track record building processes from scratch in a rapidly evolving organization
- Experience in Marketing Operations preferred
- Experience with creative traffic management preferred
- PMP certification and/or Six Sigma certification a plus
- Proactive, self-motivated, and team-oriented
- Proven ability to use analytical data to measure performance, develop plans, and execute for performance improvement, in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Excellent analytical and program management skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with an ability to inform, influence, convince, and persuade.
- Strong leadership skills – must be able to work confidently and effectively with multiple departments and levels within the company
- Strong technical aptitude to quickly learn new technologies/internal software systems and identify user applications
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment a strong asset
At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies – especially their HR teams – better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture – all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We’re a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
Our award-winning culture has made this the place employees want to be. We have plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career within Paylocity, and offer benefits like Tuition Reimbursement so you can continue to learn and develop your skills. You could say our growth game is strong. We also reward hard work with a flexible, casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there’s no shortage of ways to have fun.
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Ample volunteer opportunities and events
- Health and wellness program
- Stock purchasing options (NASDAQ: PCTY)
Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity. Also be sure to check out what past and present employees have to say about us and our CEO on Glassdoor. Check out our many Awards here!!
At Paylocity, “We” is what makes us different. We are committed to fostering a culture that honors diverse opinions, perspectives, and backgrounds, knowing that each makes us stronger and collectively unbeatable together. We actively cultivate these differences as we engage each other in driving innovation in the software and services we provide our customers. Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.