WHO WE ARE
Centro delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Centro is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Post-COVID, many of us will be returning to one of our offices (by choice, not requirement -- we believe results matter more than where they are produced). This position and all of our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Media Innovations + Technology (MIT) team’s mission is to inspire and educate Centro’s customers on the evolving media landscape and technology trends, connecting Centro’s innovative media solutions, products, and services. This team drives revenue growth by increasing the customers’ media intelligence and the utilization of Centro’s solutions through the development of best-in-class content, consultative presentations and industry-focused webinars.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
The Media Strategy & Innovation Manager (internally known as our Manager of Media Innovations + Technology) will serve as one of Centro’s internal and external experts on emerging trends providing educational solutions and thought leadership to Centro’s customers. This cross-functional role works with Centro’s Sales, Media Services, Product, and Technology teams as part of the Marketing department. The Manager will act as a catalyst for new business development and assist in the growth and retention of existing business across Centro’s growing client base of agencies, brands, and publishers. The position reports into the VP, Media Innovations + Technology. You will contribute by:
- Supporting the development, implementation, and measured success of advanced educational content and programs to empower clients and drive adoption of Centro’s products and services. This role will have an emphasis around the utilization of advanced data and targeting for media planning, buying, and insights
- Regularly engaging with regional Sales and Media Services leadership to act as a catalyst to increase the adoption of Basis and Centro’s managed Media Services
- Playing an active role in developing programming and presenting content in MIT-managed client programs including client-specific workshops, in-market-focused symposiums, and other collateral per MIT programming goals
- Working with a cross-departmental team to define, create and manage communications and collateral development for new media solutions, and Basis features and integrations, while tracking adoption and growth against goals
- Collaborating with the internal education & training team to share insights, learnings, and relevant materials and information that can be leveraged for both internal employees and external customers
- Creating regular POVs on evolving media and advertising trends, information, and learnings
- Keeping abreast of new media developments through trade publications, seminars and in fostering relationships with technology vendors via frequent outreach and communication
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 5 years of digital advertising and programmatic experience, adtech experience preferred
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of advanced media trends, including first party data management and activation, advanced TV, streaming audio, ad signals and identifiers and experience with strategic media planning
- Deep comprehension of third-party data sources, inventory suppliers and other innovative vendors that are relevant to paid digital media and programmatic campaign development
- Excellent communication and business writing skills with client-facing presentation building skills a must
- Infectious energy and enthusiastic about working across departments
- Ability to operate and succeed as both an individual and as a team
- Strong analytical skills; skilled at Excel and data analysis
- Skilled at managing and prioritizing multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Willingness to travel (~10-15%)**
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field Preferred
- **While there is currently no travel due to COVID, as things turn back to normal some travel may be required
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people and believe that Centro’s success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a work from home stipend for employees in closed offices, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams of Centrons that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.