Ocean Carrier Manager
You’ll play an instrumental role is evolving and deploying our ocean product - managing both our relationships and technical integrations with ocean carriers to ensure our customers’ success. You’ll bring your ocean expertise to the team, partnering with shippers, freight forwarders, and carriers to unify data and communication through the FourKites platform. This role will be in our Chicago office.
- Onboarding carriers to our platform - activating and maintaining technical integrations, using creativity to solve unique and challenging problems, and building strategic relationships
- Participate in customer and carrier calls, designing and managing success plans
- Maintain accurate product, process and stakeholder documentation in our CRM and internal systems
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Product and Engineering to streamline processes and improve our platform
You love variety and can manage multiple tasks at the same time. You can jump from a call to an excel spreadsheet to a cloud CRM with ease, and execute flawlessly in each thing you do. You are obsessively organized, detail-oriented, and driven.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and are comfortable with ambiguity and lack of structure
- You enjoy solving challenging problems using critical thinking and creativity
- Entrepreneurial spirit - you make things happen and proactively step up when you recognize an opportunity
- Intelligent with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Superior organization skills and attention to detail
- Comfortable talking to a wide variety of people, including senior leadership
- Insatiable curiosity - you love learning new things
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Apps, and CRM tools
- 1-4 years of experience with either a Marine Carrier or Marine Forwarder
- Competent understanding of international logistics and global work structures
- Detail oriented and able to analyze data, create reports across different regions and carriers
- Must be comfortable with international IT systems and EDI exchanges
FourKites is the fastest-growing predictive supply chain platform, backed by top-tier VC firms in Silicon Valley, Boston and Chicago, delivering real-time visibility and execution for Fortune 500 companies and third-party logistics firms. Using a proprietary algorithm to calculate shipment arrival times, FourKites enables customers to lower operating costs, improve on-time performance, and strengthen end-customer relationships. With a network of more than four million GPS/ELD devices, FourKites covers all modes including ocean, rail, parcel and over-the-road. The platform is optimized for mobile and equipped with market-leading end-to-end security. We look for smart, agile, creative team players who are ready to roll up their sleeves and deliver for our customers.
**If you cannot successfully complete the application process through the FourKites website because of the education field, please send your resume and a brief message to [email protected]