Packaging Development Program Manager
HAVI is a privately held global company that innovates, optimizes and drives the supply chains and marketing promotions of many of the best known brands in the world. When you work at HAVI, you have a chance to make your mark – to be a part of work that drives value, brings a smile and keeps everyday life moving forward. Which means it’s not the size of our global footprint, but rather your personal fingerprint, that has the power to make a real difference for our customers… and to touch the lives of people both at home and around the world.
This role will provide functional and strategic leadership as an individual contributor to support the delivery of core packaging development programs and packaging technology solutions that add value to our clients, consumers, operations improvement, cost savings, and environmental footprint. In addition, this role will help identify and implement packaging development process improvements to enable efficiencies and speed-to-market.
- Manage strategic and tactical programs including program objectives, action plans, and target dates
- Ensure the development and approval of design briefs representing the goals of all programs and assure supplier understanding of and delivery of key program deliverables
- Provide input and commercial grounding during project development phases, driving resolution on commercialization hurdles that may arise
- Recommend creative solutions with an appropriate balance of innovation, risk management, benefit and cost
- Utilize project management skills to lead cross-functional teams, develop and manage project time-lines, address project challenges and ensure risk profiles/mitigation plans are developed/executed
- Build exceptional relationships with customers, suppliers and internal business units through project leadership by providing on-going project communications, status updates and support
- Interface directly with customer gatekeepers including formal presentation and positioning new product initiatives
- Develop and present business case recommendations customers for concurrence/approval
- Interface with customer and suppliers to identify customer expectations and deliver against those expectations
- Train suppliers on packaging development processes and protocols that define approaches to be utilized and ensure adherence
- Fully leverage supplier capabilities to deliver results effectively and in a timely manner. and manage supplier performance
Desired Skills & Experience
- B.S. degree in Science/Engineering discipline or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in Packaging Technology and Professional development in the food/consumer goods area with demonstrated success in packaging commercialization
- Ability to manage significant, multi-phase packaging development strategic programs that include preliminary concept(s) development to national commercialization/execution with a cross-functional team.
- Strong technical competencies in packaging science including knowledge of substrates, structural design, and manufacturing processes
- Advanced business acumen, communication, interpersonal, influencing, relationship-building and presentation skills
- Experience and familiarity with formal, financially driven business case methodology and development
- Experience working with multi-functional teams to deliver program objectives, meeting agreed to time-lines
- Experience directing supplier and other external resources to complement internal resources in support of program goals
- Analytical approach to problem solving and decision making
Our total rewards philosophy integrates programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, corporate culture, corporate citizenship and work-life balance. While individual program components may differ by country, some things remain constant:
…our commitment to rewarding results
…the opportunity to work with talented and driven individuals at every level of our company who respect each other, treat each other fairly and hold one another accountable for our customers’—and our company’s success
HAVI does not accept agency resumes submitted by third-party vendors unless a valid agreement has been signed and the HAVI Talent Acquisition Team has granted authorization for submissions for a specified position. Please do not submit or forward resumes to our site, HAVI employees, or any other company location. HAVI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.