Portfolio Manager I Contact Centers
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
This position is responsible for overseeing a defined portfolio and ensuring that all priorities are adequately reflected and tracked. They work with business stakeholders to vet new ideas and help to define the conceptual architecture and business change. They manage the intake of new demands, the prioritization of efforts, the tracking of status until completion, and update stakeholders on changes to the portfolio. They provide a balanced scorecard to their respective portfolio owners within the Contact Centers, reflecting all aspects to include business goals, financials, and operational concerns.
The Portfolio Manager identifies the future demand, defines sequencing and dependencies, works with resource teams to determine availability, and adjust priorities accordingly. They ensure that the programs, projects and products within the Contact Centers are being properly managed, placed and prioritized. They serve as the initial point of contact between IT and business units for a defined portfolio.
- Portfolio Roadmap: Assists with the capturing and articulation of the Portfolio Roadmap. Helps identify dependencies and conflicts.
- Portfolio Priorities: Works with stakeholders to articulate and consolidation the priority across multiple demands and teams.
- Intake: Facilitates the capturing and review of new requests and shepherds them through the necessary process steps.
- Use Cases/User Stories – writes stories and ensures integrity of stories across the Contact Centers. Writes and validates acceptance criteria within the Contact Centers. Grooms and maintains use cases.
- Demand vs Forecast: Generates reports to show demand vs forecast and actively works with all parties to resolve discrepancies.
- Portfolio Reports; Generates and reviews reports, to include financial forecasts.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES AND COMPETENCIES:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or similar subject or equivalent experience preferred.
- 8+ years previous management roles with an emphasis on program, product or P & L management.
- Previous experience managing large bodies of work.
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience in similar industries with a Contact Center Portfolio.
- Experience operating in an agile context.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.