Portfolio Manager I eCommerce
Portfolio Management roles are responsible for the overall success of their respective domain, which could be a product, portfolio or platform.
Individuals serving in these roles must have excellent communication, leadership and organizational skills and the ability to clearly communicate to both business and IT audiences. They must have both business and technical acumen, and deep expertise in their related domains. They should be able to shift between high-level strategic conversations down to tactical implementation conversations. They should have a proven understanding of technology/eCommerce and its application to achieve business objectives, a strong understanding of delivery frameworks and methodologies, with an emphasis on eCommerce, and a compelling ability to affect change.
Portfolio Manager — The Portfolio Manager is responsible for overseeing a defined portfolio and ensuring that all priorities are adequately reflected and tracked. They manage the intake of new demands, the prioritization of efforts, the tracking of status until completion, and update stakeholders on changes to the portfolio. The Portfolio Manager identifies the future demand, defines sequencing and dependencies, works with resource teams to determine availability, and adjust priorities accordingly. They ensure that the programs, projects and products within their portfolio are being properly managed, planned and prioritized.
- Portfolio Roadmap: Assists with the capturing and articulation of the Portfolio Roadmap. Helps identify dependencies and conflicts.
- Portfolio Priorities: Works with stakeholders to articulate and consolidate the priority across multiple demands and teams
- Intake: Facilitates the capturing and review of new requests and shepherds them through the necessary process steps.
- Use Cases / User Stories – Writes stories and ensures integrity of stories across the sub-business unit. Writes and validates acceptance criteria within area of expertise Grooms and maintains use cases.
- Demand vs Forecast: Generates reports to show demand vs forecast and actively works with all parties to resolve discrepancies.
- Manages key relationships with ecommerce, user experience, enterprise systems, product management, finance and other teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 yrs in product or portfolio management
- 3-5 years experience in a large scale eCommerce environment
- 3 yrs B2B experience
- Previous experience managing large bodies of work
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
- 8+ yrs in previous management roles with an emphasis on program, product or P&L management
- Experience operating in an agile context
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.”