McDonald’s is taking our business beyond the walls of restaurants - revolutionizing how we interface with our customers. We are providing customers with enticing mobile, web, and kiosk solutions on the scale of industry leading retailers like Amazon and eBay. Technology is critical to our digital strategy. The Project Services team within the Global Enterprise Services Organization is looking for a highly-skilled Portfolio Manager to help drive value across the multiple portfolios in our organization. The role will help enable the portfolios to have a clear roadmap aligned with the strategies and objectives of GTES. This role reports to the Director, Planning and Alignment.
The role helps to drive visibility, transparency and drive performance thru the portfolio strategy and governance process. This role helps to ensure adherence to the GPMO project standards within portfolios, helps to elevate the portfolio and enable the visibility and transparency to performance of their portfolio, quality of projects and financial discipline. The Portfolio Manager will support the Director of Planning and Alignment in annual objective setting with the portfolios and ensure there is on-going metrics and reporting against performance. The role will help to ensure that the projects and programs in the portfolio drive value into the organization and support our key objectives.
This role partners closely with the Global Technology GPMO and, acting as Clarizen Champion, ensures we are adhering to their standards and processes within their portfolio. This role will also provide guidance and instruction and leadership for the advancement of project management across their portfolio. The role is ideal for a self-driven, strategic thought leader and change agent who has experience in strategic planning, project management, consulting, and communications along with financial acumen
- 8+ years of proven experience in Project Management including planning, organizing, monitoring and leading complex projects with 3+ years of leading a portfolio of 30+ projects with linkages to company goals and objectives.
- 5+ years leading projects in a technology operation focus
- Demonstrated business acumen and a basic understanding of the P&L and balance sheet are required. Experience in identifying key opportunities that drive financial performance.
- Demonstrated success influencing cultural change around project portfolio management.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated skill in Continuous Improvement, process improvement and using data to drive insights and decision making
- Adapts to changes in priorities with ease, comfortable working “in the gray” while defining the way forward
- Significant experience working with all levels of the organization and possess platform skills, presence, and confidence.
- Bachelor degree in liberal arts, technology, business administration, finance, engineering, or related fields. Advanced degree a plus.
· Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification preferred
· Agile Certification preferred
· Portfolio Road Mapping and Strategy - Support the Senior Director, Directors and Project Managers within their portfolio to help shape the roadmap and strategy of the portfolios and best align the projects to the strategic objectives of the portfolios. Support the annual objective setting process and ongoing maintenance.
· Stakeholder Management – Actively build relationships and ensure proper level of stakeholder engagement to drive value into the portfolios across Senior Directors and Directors within their assigned portfolios.
· Resource Demand Management Process - Lead the resource demand management process for their portfolios to help provide transparency around resource demand and costs.
· Project Financials- Provide transparency and reporting around Project Financials at the portfolio level. Ensure project financial discipline around projects in their portfolio and enable process and reporting to drive transparency
· Portfolio Governance - Lead and facilitate weekly, monthly, quarterly portfolio governance meetings to drive visibility and ensure project management rigor and discipline is being applied
· Portfolio Performance - Ensures measurable success, by reporting PMO metrics and targets, including but not limited to milestone adherence and safety, quality, delivery, and cost savings goals and objectives.
· Clarizen Champion – Champion the tools and processes that govern and support the project disciplines within the Global Technology Organization. Subject Matter Expert around Clarizen and helping to drive the discipline within the portfolios
· Adhoc Support – Ad hoc projects and responsibilities as it pertains to rolling plan, annual objective setting, financial support of portfolios and 3-year roadmaps.
- Advanced knowledge of project management tools and best practices applied to technology. With advanced knowledge of project management tools such as MS Project, PlanView, Excel, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of portfolio management, portfolio risk management, and performance metrics management. Strong knowledge of resource management and allocation.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment to influence outcomes without direct authority and enable decision making through a DAI or RAPID model.
- Strong ability to work across multiple levels of the organization; VP, Senior Director, Director and Manager.
- Strong operational and financial acumen (driving best value through projects).
- Ability to develop and drive a large project portfolio that critically accomplishes the organization’s goals and objectives through working with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to develop process and structure required to lead your portfolios and use data to drive insights and decisions
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and a fast-paced, changing environment
- Effective communication; capable of creating clear, concise, and impactful messages describing technical concepts to both technical and non-technical people
- Ability to work effectively as part of a support team; foster team cooperation, communication, and collaboration
- Knowledge of transactional Process Improvement, Variation Reduction & Six Sigma. Black Belt certification is desirable, but not required.
- Strong understanding of business analysis, change management and performance improvement concepts.
- The successful candidate will be self-confident, results-oriented, persuasive and influential. Ability to present and communicate successfully at leadership meetings which require excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.