Portfolio Specialist at Morningstar
The Role: The Investment Management group seeks a Portfolio Specialist to support key clients, wholesaler networks, and financial advisors in educating and promoting Morningstar Managed Portfolios product offerings. This position will interact heavily with wholesalers and advisors through speaking engagements and regular marketing and educational sessions. The position will also interact heavily with the Investment Team and requires building and maintaining expertise in an extensive set of portfolio offerings. Additionally, this position will provide input on new product and service ideas based upon feedback from the field and will provide input on marketing collateral supporting the Managed Portfolios. This position requires a minimum of 50% travel and is based in our Chicago office.
- Promote portfolios to wholesalers and advisors with input from Investment Professionals, Relationship Managers, Sales, and Product Managers.
- Participate in client speaking engagements, meetings, videos, webinars, and conference calls.
- Conduct educational and marketing sessions both in person and via the web and other mediums.
- Respond to questions from wholesalers, advisors, and other stakeholders regarding portfolios and Morningstar’s investment process.
- Provide input to Investment Professionals, Relationship Management teams, and Product Management to support the development and promotion of current and prospective product offerings.
- Prepare presentations and draft content used for different engagements.
- Provide other support services for key clients, wholesalers, advisors, and other stakeholders.
- A bachelors degree is required; an advanced degree and/or a CFA or CFP designation is preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of managed portfolio distribution networks.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to deliver content regarding behavioral finance concepts and their application in a financial planning and investment setting.
- Demonstrated understanding or experience working with or as a financial advisor.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial planning concepts and implementation.
- Strong investment background, including principles of asset allocation, portfolio construction, and manager analysis.
- Extensive knowledge of financial markets.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- Outstanding presentation and public speaking skills.
- Excellent written skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to represent Morningstar in a highly professional manner.
- Ability and willingness to travel (minimum 50%).
- Experience with Morningstar Direct and Morningstar Office is a plus.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.