About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,400 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The Procurement Planner for GTI is responsible for purchasing, vendor management & research, contract negotiation and the day to day purchasing operations. You will develop operate plans to ensure GTI has the resources to support current forecasted business and projected growth to respond to current and emerging markets.
- Partner with internal business partners to understand requirements for wholesale goods and ensure those requirements are met in vendor proposals and vendor selection
- Execute purchasing for cultivation, processing & retail locations for raw materials, equipment & packaging
- Create reporting tools to enhance the visibility for procurement demands
- Partner with external partners to build strategies and procure materials to support the company high growing, fast paced demand
- Ensure compliance with company procurement and internal control policies, processes, and standards
- Develop effective negotiation strategies and secure profitable deals
- Estimate risks and apply risk mitigation techniques
- Discover and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field: business, supply chain, materials management, engineering
- 2+ years experience in manufacturing or CPG procurement operations
- Hands-on expertise developing and implementing programs for cost reduction, supplier performance management and inventory reduction.
- APICS or Supply Chain Certification is preferred
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness.
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking.
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information.
- Must pass any and all required background checks.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.
Read Full Job Description