Product Manager, Bioinformatics
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally understand our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before, but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of it. Here at Tempus, we are building the infrastructure to modernize medicine. Leveraging comprehensive computational analysis, we derive deep insights from a patient’s genetic data and build tools to empower physicians to make real-time data-driven decisions in the clinic.
As a Product Manager at Tempus, you’ll be on the front lines of our battle to develop and deliver cutting-edge, modern technology into the hands of clinicians. The software we’re developing is the culmination of input from scientists, clinicians, pathologists, engineers, data scientists, and some of the top academic medical centers in the world. We’re expanding the team of product managers who bring those inputs together to design, scope, and build solutions to some of the toughest problems in patient care.
What You'll Do:
- Immerse yourself in the tough problems we’re solving, and team with scientists, engineers, and designers to develop elegant software solutions to solve those problems
- Own the product roadmap for cutting-edge Tempus products, and partner with Product Managers and the Director of Product to find the best way to execute quarterly and sub-quarterly goals
- Work with developers, scientists, and operations teams to deliver releases that are stable in production and are ready to scale
- Collaborate with operational and scientific teams to develop new tools to empower patient care
- Own stakeholder communication and expectation management around roadmap and delivery timelines for your products
- Test release candidates and participate in the Product Management approval process for deployments
- Lead operational change management for production changes and any related workflow impacts
- 3+ years of technical experience in product management or in building software in the tech or biotech industry
- Experience working with agile software development and/or scientific teams
- A history of building and using product analytics to drive decisions using tools such as SQL, Tableau, Plotly
- History of work in regulatory submissions or experience managing projects within an FDA (or other) compliant environment
- Experience with software development and project management tools (JIRA, Trello, etc.)
- Ability and interest to quickly ramp up on new concepts, especially in the genomics field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to act as translator among diverse teams of biologists, medical professionals, engineers, operators, and data scientists.