Upwork ($UPWK) is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.7 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
The Learning and Development team crafts experiences for employees to explore their growth mindset and develop skills that impact individual and team performance. As a Program Manager you will be dedicated to the effectiveness of our learning programs by driving employee engagement, communicating expectations, and measuring impact. This position will be a key component to the strategic success of our efforts as we continue to invest in our employees.
- You will lead learning projects from needs analysis to deployment, considering the complexity across various business lines
- Engage with strategic partners (vendors) to measure the quality and effectiveness of their offerings
- You will support the creative development of quality learning content and process that drives adoption
- Coordinate engaging in-person and virtual experiences using various learning technologies
- Measuring, understanding, and communicating the overall impact learning has on business priorities
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 2-4 years of program/project management experience, preferably supporting learning initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a consultative approach to identifying problems and finding solutions
- You love people and have a real passion for collaborating across teams
How to really knock our socks off:
- You have a background in Instructional Design or Curriculum Design
- Workshop facilitation experience in a corporate environment
- Experience working with various Learning Management Systems and technologies
- Enthusiasm for working in cross-functional teams as well as autonomously
- You are able to initiate and handle the lifecycle of projects
- Extraordinary attention to detail with a focus on improving process
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.