Program Manager, NextGen – Veteran Programs at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
As part of ServiceNow's rapidly growing initiatives, we are expanding our NextGen team. NextGen has a unique focus on creating alternative and accelerated pathways into digital jobs and employment in the ServiceNow ecosystem. Since its inception in 2019, NextGen has worked with nonprofits, universities, and workforce development organizations to create programs and connections that reach communities outside the traditional talent pipelines. This includes innovative programs such as the Northeastern degree apprenticeship program, job reskilling or upskilling programs for veterans, those returning to work, those transitioning into new jobs, and communities that have had limited access to employment in the field of technology. We measure our success through the number of program participants who are sustainably employed within one year of program completion.
The ServiceNow NextGen team is looking for a Program Manager – Veteran Programs to join us. In this role, you will support key components of the ServiceNow NextGen Professionals Veteran Programs. Your primary responsibility will be to support the day-to-day operation and growth of the Veteran programs.
What you get to do in this role:
· Support and execute programs that create scalable employment opportunities for transitioning military service members and Veterans
· Build and foster relationships within the Veteran communities
· Oversee the day-to-day operations of the NextGen Veteran and SkillBridge Programs
· Become familiar with DoD SkillBridge rules and regulations in order to assist service members navigate the paperwork and approval process
· Work with the Manager of Processes and Operations to establish governance, standard processes, operations, and support procedures
· Map as-is processes and create to-be processes to deliver productivity, efficiency and quality improvements
· Identify repeatable processes and automate them
· Communicate with key external partners, leadership, and internal contacts to assess and modify existing program components as needed
· Develop and analyze metrics for SkillBridge reportingQualifications
To be successful in this role you should have:
· Three or more years experience working with Veteran communities and organizations
· Experience working on and contributing to initiatives that focus on talent development or education and recruiting
· Experience working directly with people from the military and Veterans populations
· Experience working with diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds
· Experience working within a team, leading people, building consensus, and working with partners and senior leaders
· Ability to build relationships and work across departments
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present to military and Veteran communities, as well as socioeconomically diverse audiences
· Proficiency in MS Office products, especially Excel and PowerPoint
· Demonstrated program management abilities with strong organizational, leadership, and time management skills
· Ability and desire to discuss career goals, career paths, and professional development concepts
· Ability to analyze situations, trends, and data, and create evaluation criteria
· Demonstrated track record for obtaining results
· Ability to organize large complex projects
· Transitioning service members, Veterans, and military spouses encouraged to applyAdditional Information
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.