Program Manager, Retail Banking Equipment Services at SMS Assist
SMS Assist Summary
At SMS Assist, we’re not just in the business of fixing properties—we’re fixing an entire industry. Typically, facilities maintenance is tough work—both in the nature of the job (plumbing, HVAC, snow removal) and the lack of clarity throughout the experience. We decided a better way wasn’t only possible, but essential. Through our award-winning technology platform, built and powered by SMSers, we connect local contractors to our customers and help manage an experience that surpasses expectations.
Recognized on Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, Chicago Crain’s Top Tech Employers, and more, SMS Assist manages more than 186,000 properties where people live and work. Our customers’ livelihoods are in our hands—think a restaurant manager whose only fryer goes down on a busy Friday night or a family in Florida without power after a hurricane. We work across the industries that make up your community, including retail, food service, banking, residential, and more, and we help them find the right provider in our network (we call them Affiliates) in more than 45 trades.
We’re innovators, disruptors, and out-of-the-box thinkers. We set each other up for success in the office and for the perfect spike on the volleyball court during an intramural game. We’re community volunteers, karaoke partners, and lifelong friends. We’re passionate about the people we serve, and we give our all because we care. We want to make every property better, and we want your help to make it happen.
The Program Manager exercises end-to-end ownership of a related suite of service delivery practices related to ATMs and banking equipment for our retail bank clients. Activities will include drafting, auditing and updating SOPs, analytic reporting, collaborating to develop tech-based process improvements, managing vendor and client relationships, and participating in cross functional projects that create value for SMS Assist, our clients, and our partner service providers. This role is responsible for aligning program functions with the strategic objectives of SMS Assist and our clients and continuously seeks ways to enhance the program’s contribution to those objectives. Within the Program Manger’s service vertical, they exercise significant autonomy to identify opportunities for improvement, justify and resource change initiatives, and implement planform improvements. The program manager enables internal and client senior management to make strategic decisions by providing reporting and recommendations based on robust data analysis, modeling, and empirical testing. The successful program manager achieves financial and operational objectives for the client while delivering positive financial performance for SMS Assist.
- Develop and oversee program plans that connect service delivery to organizational strategic objectives. Ensure that various program aspects remain aligned within the programs as well as with broader corporate strategies, plans, and initiatives.
- Provide end-to-end management of program planning and execution: define program goals, develop an overarching roadmap, define program structures, define and meet staffing requirements, manage budgets, manage changes, issues, risks, and escalations.
- Identify and routinely review the client’s service requirements and the methods by which those requirements are met to achieve optimal service delivery practices and results
- Drive continuous improvement process through measuring results, identifying opportunities for improvement, and leading CI projects.
- Identify, scope, propose, and implement new opportunities or alternative business solutions and strategies to provide value to one or more stakeholders through new or improved processes and services.
- Identify interdependencies with internal, client, or vendor stakeholders and lead interdepartmental and cross-functional coordination to achieve cost, schedule, and quality goals.
- Collaborate with product managers to develop and implement technology solutions that improve the financial and operational efficiency of service delivery.
- Lead the execution of projects in support of program objectives.
- Justify and manage the use of resources in support of program objectives.
- Develop and manage the supply network that enables service delivery and negotiate vendor pricing in support of the program.
- Analyze program performance by defining and measuring KPIs; establish standard performance reporting to be delivered to internal and client management.
- Develop relevant SOPs and overseeing training and implementation of the established procedures.
- Maintain adherence with all client administrative and compliance requirements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and lead presentations for routine and ad hoc informational sessions with executive leadership.
- Ensure the dissemination of lessons learned and best practices with other program leaders.
- Travel up to 30% required
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
- Organizational Awareness – Advanced
- Learning Agility – Advanced
- Process Orientation - Advanced
- Verbal Communication – Advanced
- Written Communication – Advanced
- Problem Solving – Advanced
- Prioritization – Advanced
- Relationship Management- Advanced
- Teamwork – Advanced
- Negotiation – Proficient
- Customer Service- Proficient
- Analysis – Proficient
Role Specific Skills
- Entrepreneurial drive to think and act independently in situations involving ambiguity
- Adaptable and able to function within a changeable and uncertain situation; capable of bringing discipline and stability to unstructured environments
- Adept at working closely in a team environment and at providing vision and strategic direction to a team – leading through shared commitment to organizational success
- Be comfortable routinely weighing available information and analysis to make timely decisions
- Process orientation with a drive for systematic, repeatable solutions tempered with innovative and flexible thinking about new ways to improve those processes
- Experienced navigating the organization politics of environments where culture and structure vary within and across stakeholder organizations
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple workstreams and work within tight deadlines
- Proficient in facilitation and able to negotiate with senior level and external stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be capable of succinctly and effectively presenting detailed material to internal and external senior management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook required
- Familiarity with Tableau or other data visualization packages a plus
People Management Skills
- Proficient in engaging a team through communication, processes, personal impact and influence
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 or more years of experience managing complex projects and programs involving cross-functional team management
Other Relevant Qualifications
- Experience in facilities management, maintenance management, or building engineering, maintenance trades, or related fields a plus