Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and even fun. And it worked: people love sending money with Venmo, and we’re growing by leaps and bounds!
But we’re only just getting started. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place where people use money. That means connecting people to their money in the most intuitive and fun way possible, then connecting people with each other. Users already love Venmo, but we know there are lots of things we haven’t thought of to make the experience of using Venmo even more delightful and valuable. All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together!
Engineering at Venmo
At Venmo, we are creating a product that people love. We strive to create a delightful user experience while connecting the world and empowering people through payments. We are looking for intellectually curious people who want to be inspired and inspire others to change the world.
Engineering is a craft, and at Venmo we want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end user experience we are designing. We spend our days scaling our infrastructure and building new features to meet and exceed our user’s needs and wants. We teach and learn from one another and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests.
As a Program Manager, you will drive programs with a focus on delivering long term. You will manage relationships across organizations and actively anticipate and manage risks and issues. You will own the programs, driving their completion through the agile delivery teams, partnering with Release Train Engineers. You will be the voice of the program across Venmo and PayPal.
What You’ll Do
- Manage business programs driving requirements and engagement across PayPal, Venmo and third-party partners
- Relentless focus on execution, keeping the team moving forward
- Build the requirements, execute the requirements and pivot as quickly as necessary, pulling the team along
- Align the program team driving a communication strategy that minimizes impact
- Partner with the delivery teams in the scrums to fix problems and coordinate solutions
- Be the voice to leadership and stakeholders
- Drive program analytics to know more than the day before
- Be an Agile champion for all engineers, testers and leads
What We’re Looking For
- 4+ years in program delivery and project management
- Experience with SAFe or other Agile methodologies and experience delivering programs in an agile environment
- Delivered business value, bringing everyone together, aligning on solution and steps to get there
- Managed problems, handling everything thrown at the project team keeping focus on delivering
- Drove collaboration across team, standing up for and sitting down with when needed
- Success in agile environments, ability to change course; indirectly influencing others to be willing to change
- Engaged executives telling them what they need to know when they need to know it
- Build analytics to help make decisions on your programs, letting the data do the talking when it speaks the clearest
- Champion the Project Life Cycle, fixing where broken and teaching the merits to anyone who will listen
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.