Project Management - Consultant
Manages the development and execution of medium to large complex, multi-phased projects with external project dependencies. Promotes client satisfaction by ensuring project adheres to stakeholder specifications. Responsible for project completion within determined scope, quality, time and cost constraints.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the development and execution of medium to large complex, multi-phased projects with external project dependencies. Promotes client satisfaction by ensuring project adheres to stakeholder specifications. Responsible for project completion within determined scope, quality, time and cost constraints.
- Initiating: Thorough understanding of project management principles and the application thereof. Knowledgeable in project management methodology and solution development methodologies. Leads and/or participates in the development of the SOW or RFP response. Maintains contract/SOW file and related correspondence.
- Planning: Defines, organizes and plans project schedules to meet required project timelines. Facilitates/leads estimation of moderately complex projects. Develops project schedule and determines resource needs. Works closely with resource managers to ensure proper resource allocation to the project. Executing: Independently and successfully managed the development and execution of multiple moderately complex, multi phased projects. Independently and successfully manages multiple simple projects concurrently.
- Monitoring/Controlling: Inspects and reviews projects to ensure adherence to project standards; monitors compliance with established EPMO guidelines and methodology. Controls project scope through effective change management skills. Demonstrates strong risk management as a primary management habit. Performs qualitative/quantitative risk analysis of identified risks. Manages risk response and control.
- Closing: Responsible for ensuring all project close out activities are completed and documented.
PRODUCT/ INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING: Advanced, proven knowledge of Project Management.
SCOPE PLANNING: Resolves potentially conflicting requirements. Coordinates preparation of complete written scope statement spelling out project goals and details ensuring compliance with SLAs (e.g., objectives, justification, deliverables and their relative degree of effort and formality, definitions of terms). Thoroughly understands the project background (e.g., why it is being done, who supports/opposes it, where it is on the client’s priority list, who the client sponsor is). Establishes and obtains key stakeholders’ commitment to the overall project vision. Obtains agreement to an approved, clearly-stated review and approval process. Ensures changes to the project scope are implemented according to the project change management process.
PROJECT INITIATION: Helps define, communicate, and enforce project roles and responsibilities (i.e., utilizing Roles and Responsibilities Matrix). Consistently generates sound estimates of project resource needs. Educates others about use and meaning of metrics. Anticipates and proactively resolves exceptions within established tolerance parameters.
TIME / COST MANAGEMENT: Manages budgets and timeline of small to large-sized projects. Utilizes project management tools/techniques (e.g., PERT charts, critical path method, earned value) to track and manage project costs and schedules. Has experience managing schedules and using various cost management approaches (i.e., fixed-cost management). Takes full responsibility for keeping project cost and schedule on track. Develops detailed time and cost estimates for project activities, utilizing estimating techniques, tools, and industry best practices (e.g., costs for systems development labor, hardware, software, supplies and materials, travel and living, external consulting, staff training, systems operation, capital costs, general office overhead). Uses various techniques to adjust project budgets and timelines (e.g., utilizes fast-tracking, uses lower-cost staff, amortizes equipment costs, uses in-house expertise). Determines the impact of proposed changes in project scope on time and cost. Recommends budget changes to management, as needed, to support changes in project scope. Manages and communicates cost and schedule variances and exceptions. Uses time and cost reports to manage the project. Has experience with budgeting and forecasting process.
COMMUNICATION / ESCALATION MANAGEMENT: Efficiently and accurately conveys information between clients and staff involved in project activities. Develops/implements/updates a communications plan for each project that specifies audience, medium, timeframes, and methods. Uses negotiation skills to reach agreement when there are widely-differing viewpoints. Takes initiative to help the organization communicate and learn from its successes and mistakes. Uses meeting management, conflict management, and presentation techniques, as well as listening skills, to facilitate effective project communications. Employs periodic project reviews and other communication vehicles to actively involve project team in key project or tactical issues. Accurately differentiates issues and determines who needs to be consulted/updated and whether the issue requires escalation. Implements process steps for bringing appropriate project issues to the attention of management. Expedites decision-making on project-related issues (e.g., effectively navigates the matrix, follows project escalation path). Ensures timely delivery of accurate, complete, and concise project status report information.
RISK / ISSUE MANAGEMENT: Understands the risk and issues management process and techniques, including risk identification, quantification, and risk response (e.g., acceptance, mitigation, avoidance, risk response control). Works with others to identify and categorize project risks and issues related to cost/estimates, schedule, quality, and employee retention. • Informs team members of risks and issues associated with each project. Assists others in determining the impact and probability of various project risks, and the impact of issues. Takes steps to mitigate project risks by reducing their probability, impact, or both. Takes action to re-evaluate risks during project implementation (i.e., discusses them during project team meetings). Tracks and reports status on risks and issues via the appropriate tools (i.e., databases). Facilitates risk/issue tracking meetings.
INDEPENDENT CONTRIBUTOR: Fully functional and self-directed. Provides formal mentorship. High complexity assignments- owner. Moderate complexity assignments - owner (1 or >). Low complexity assignments - provide oversight/review. Regularly leads self and established as specialist. Sees the whole picture and adjusts work accordingly.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position does not have direct reports but may mentor less experienced associates in the role.
RECRUITING INFORMATION Specific hiring needs may vary by location, industry, client, internal department and other business related factors. The qualifications section lists examples that may be used as guidance when populating required and preferred skills sections of recruiting requisitions / job postings.
Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience
Desired: 3 - 5 years of experience in the field or a related area. CAPM/PMP certification. Handles projects with a complexity of 2 -3.
Primary Location City/State:
Downers Grove, IL - Finley, Illinois
Additional Locations (if applicable):
Ensono is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Ensono provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.