Project Manager, Brand Studio at Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
Headquartered in Chicago, we also serve Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston and Seattle.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.We’re looking for a Project Manager, Brand Studio (Content, Photography, Video)
The Project Manager is a key role within Built In that will manage the execution and delivery of branded content, photography and video production within specific markets. You will work closely with photographers, videographers, internal teams and the customer directly.
You will be responsible for the following focus areas: 1) Branded content, photography and video production, management and coordination; 2) Coordinating the communication between various departments (e.g. Customer Success, Content, Events, Photographers, Videographers and Finance).How you’ll contribute
- Working alongside the Customer Success Managers, you will drive production of branded content, photography and videos to 100 percent of monthly and quarterly targets
- Oversee photography and video production for Insider Spotlights, Insider Videos, and other photography/video-based products in development.
- Keep track of all content sold, update content calendars and actively manage deadlines in collaboration with the Customer Success Managers and Content Editors
- Coordinate with Editors, Writers, Photographers and Videographers to solidify project schedules and timelines for content production. Communicate timelines with Customer Success Managers. Ensure production runs according to project schedules.
- Work directly with Content, Customer Success, and Account Management teams to improve workflow. The customer’s experience should be top of mind with concise information and as few touch-points as possible to produce a positive deliverable.
- Serve as key contact with project team members to resolve and/or escalate project resource conflicts and enforce deadlines internally and externally.
- Collaborate with the Customer Success and Content teams to write creative project briefs and coordinate project details with photographers, videographers, writers, and editors.
- Hire, train and manage freelance photographers and videographers as needed.
- Manage distribution and collection of photography release forms for all original branded photography uses.
- 5+ years of Project Management experience
- Resourceful, detail-oriented, highly organized and a self-starter
- You possess strong collaboration skills and succeed in operating in a cross-functional manner
- You have a proactive focus on delivering an outstanding customer experience and driving to achieve successful customer and business outcomes
- You have a proven track record of managing projects to successful completion on schedule
- You are a self-starter who works well under pressure, has great judgment, and knows how to prioritize and handle multiple deliverables to meet tight deadlines
- Experience working within the following tools: G-Suite (e.g. Google Docs, Google Spreadsheets, Google Drive, Google Hangouts), Electronic Signature Tools
- Experience working within fast-paced, hyper-growth and innovative tech company
- Experience working within the following tools: Airtable, Calendly
- Experience working within a creative or advertising agency
- Experience working with a blend of customer success and creative teams
- You’re a champion for your team’s culture
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.