Project Manager - Central Region at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Software Enterprise Deployment and Integration team is the team that delivers solutions to the public safety sector. We are committed to providing technology and tools which will allow customers to focus on their mission, and enable them to respond faster with smarter and safer decisions. We deploy and support products such as Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management Systems, Jail Management Systems and Mobile Data Computing, among other offerings.
The Central Region covers the Police, Sheriff, Fire, EMS agencies of the Central States: North and South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Missouri, Kentucky, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, Indiana, Oklahoma, Texas and all provinces of Canada.
Leads large programs or portions of very complex programs up to $10M. Directs and coordinates the work activities of project team. Capable of managing/supervising other discipline/technology within a project. Communicates with key customer stakeholders. Can comprehend and participate with sales on the overall strategy of the project to increase revenue.- Conducts needs assessments and requirements gathering.- Defines and develops program scope, objectives, detailed plans, budgets and metrics for large projects and/or portions of complex projects. - Develops forecasts and proposes responses to variances and trends with the project. Monitor project execution to ensure all obligations are met. May pursue contract variations, when appropriate. - Responsible for adherence to program plan and budgets for projects. Recommends corrective actions and implements changes.Identifies and mitigates risks; develops and implements risk mitigation plans. - Procures internal and external resources. Allocates project staff with required competencies to meet project objectives.Primary interface to internal teams. - May manage challenging vendor relationships.- Responsible for direct communication to relevant senior stakeholders. Leads moderately-complex communications and/or negotiations with internal or external clients.- May provide input into proposal preparation, statements of work and specifications, and estimations of costs.- Identifies and manages program enhancements and process improvements. Conducts project reviews through the life of the project.- Create team environment with support, engineering, other SI resources and resources from other departments as needed.- Proactively gather lessons learned throughout the project.- Responsible for allocating all necessary resources to ensure projects meet financial and customer satisfaction goals.- Must be willing to travel 50% of the time.
This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers.
- 5+ years of public safety project management experience managing complex deployments and/or software application deployments for State and Local public safety government agencies.
- Remote position based anywhere in the United States.
- Must be willing to travel (50%)
- Proficient in company-sponsored IT systems such as; Google - Docs, Slides, Sheets, Gmail and Drive and/or Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficient with Project Management tools; such as Microsoft Project, SmartSheets, or equivalent scheduling tools
- Experience with project risk assessment and risk mitigation strategies.
- Must be a self motivated team player able to work effectively with general guidance toward objectives.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills
- PMP Certification preferred.
- Bachelors Degree - preferred. MBA is considered an asset
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.