At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready for the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is seeking an Infrastructure Project Manager to join our Incident Response and Recovery team. As part of this work, we are assisting clients that are experiencing a malware, ransomware, or other security incident, and are often experiencing a complete business outage. We are looking for candidates with proven experience projects managing the planning, designing, and deploying core infrastructure technologies on very short timelines. This position requires a candidate that can rapidly come up to speed in a dynamic environment, understand critical client needs, and provide a broad set of project management capabilities to assist with architecting, implementing, and migrating to a new environment, with the goal of recovering business operations. Clients range from small to enterprise sized companies.
What will you be doing?
- Project managing IT infrastructure builds during or in the aftermath of a major security incident
- Assessing current state of the client environment, including rapidly understanding critical business processes, what’s needed to restore operations, and gathering and defining business and technology requirements
- Work directly with client and West Monroe consultants to evaluate, recommend, and implement new processes and technologies, or recover existing systems, to allow the client to resume technical and business functions
- Hands on engineering, configuration, and recovery of on-premises and cloud infrastructures
- Leading a team of 2-4 or more recovery consultants
- Communicating with client project management, as well as client executives to provide status and other updates
Desired Skills and Experience
· Minimum of 5 years total experience and 3+ years in an infrastructure architecture role in areas such as networking, hosting, virtualization, storage, server platforms, tools, and application platforms
- Hands on project management implementation experience with multiple of the following: Azure, AWS, Windows Server, Active Directory, server and workstation deployment tools (Microsoft Configuration Manager, MDT, WDS, etc), server and workstation management tools, Office 365
- Strong communication and project management skills in fast paced, dynamic environments
- Small team leadership skills and the ability to “plug in” to vary roles based on client needs
- The ability to travel on very short notice domestically and internationally, and the ability to travel up to 75%.
- The ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and overnights, in exchange for schedule flexibility when not actively responding to a client incident