At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients. We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready for the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is seeking an Infrastructure Project Manager to join our Incident Response & Recovery (IR&R) team. As part of this work we assist clients that are experiencing a ransomware event (or similar security incident) and are often undergoing a complete business outage. We are looking for candidates with proven experience project managing the planning, design, and deployment of core infrastructure technologies on very short timelines. This position requires a PM who can rapidly come up to speed in a dynamic environment and understand critical client needs. The PM will apply a broad set of technical leadership capabilities to assist with architecting/implementing infrastructure technologies and migrating the client to a new IT environment, enabling them to resume business operations.
- Rapidly deploy to client site(s) during or in the aftermath of a major security incident, I.e. Ransomware
- Assess current state of client environment to quickly understand critical business/IT processes, technical and business requirements, and what is necessary for restoring operations
- Project manage a team of 2-4+ recovery consultants and collaborate cross-functionally with both Cloud & Infrastructure and Cybersecurity practices
- Evaluate, recommend, lead the implementation of new infrastructure technologies, or the recovery of existing systems, enabling clients to resume technical and business operations
- Project manage the IT architecture/engineering deliverables for both on-premise and cloud infrastructures
- Communicate with client project management and executive leadership to provide status and other updates
- Drive new business with existing clients by identifying unique opportunities and communicating them to designated West Monroe client leads, account managers, and/or business developers
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred, or equivalent experience required
- Consulting firm/industry experience preferred
- 7-11+ years of experience in an IT infrastructure PM or architect/lead role having led projects related to core infrastructure technologies: systems/server, cloud platforms, networking, hosting, virtualization, storage, etc.
- Hands-on PM and implementation/migration experience across any of the following: Azure/AWS, Windows Server, Active Directory/Azure AD, MS Exchange, Office 365, server/workstation deployment (SCCM, MDT), virtualization platforms (VMware, Hyper-V), network routers/switches/firewalls (Cisco, Juniper), data center builds, etc.
- Strong communication and expert project management skills in fast paced, dynamic environments
- Small team leadership skills and the ability to “plug in” to various roles based on client needs
- Comfortable working flexible hours, including occasionally weekends and overnights, in exchange for schedule flexibility when not actively responding to a client security incident
- Willingness to travel for out of town client engagements
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.