Project Manager - Data Management
- Provide thought leadership in evolving our data management practice to support enterprise and functional level strategies.
- Drive data change management initiatives including early engagement on data projects.
- Work closely with data stewards, data/application architects, subject matter experts, and other internal stakeholders to design and implement data governance initiatives.
- Establish tools and processes for communication and collaboration across the data governance program.
- Implement data quality initiatives including identification of critical data elements, process continuous improvement, data certification, and systems for quality measurement and monitoring.
Role Specific Skills
- Strategic acumen in develop compelling frameworks to support business objectives
- Proficient with project management applications (e.g. Smartsheet, Asana, MS Project, etc) and Agile methodology/tools (e.g JIRA, etc)
- Ability to communicate to a wide range of audiences at varying levels of leadership, in areas with both technical and business focus
- Experience with data management and data integration in a big data environment
- Experienced with cloud-based data infrastructure (AWS S3, Redshift, etc.) and ETL processes/tools
- Experience with data scripting languages such as SQL, Python and R
- Experience with technology deployment and/or software development
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
- Customer Service - Advanced
- Verbal Communication - Advanced
- Written Communication - Advanced
- Teamwork - Advanced
- Relationships – Advanced
- Organizational Awareness - Advanced
- Learning Agility - Advanced
- Analysis - Advanced
- Problem Solving - Advanced
- Process Orientation - Advanced
- Prioritization - Advanced
- Bachelor’s degree in Information System, Computer Science or related disciplines; MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 2-5 years of project management or relevant experience; management/technology consulting a plus
Other Relevant Qualifications
- Degrees or work experience in the following fields: Technology or Management Consulting, Project Management, Product Management, Industrial or Systems Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Operations
- 1-3 years of data governance experience with a focus on the establishment of new programs
- Experience with and knowledge of privacy and security standards, policies, and implementation
- Experience working alongside software developers, IT professionals, and technical analysts
- PMP certified or Six Sigma/Green Belt
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.