The Group: Morningstar’s Research group provides independent analysis on individual securities, managed investments, portfolios, and markets. The group also collects and maintains high-quality data on the equities, managed investments, and fixed-income investments we cover in our database, one of the largest investment databases in the world. Morningstar is one of the largest independent sources of manager, equity, and credit research in the world. We transform data into insights that investors can use to reach their financial goals.
The Role: The Project Manager in the Data Strategy & Innovation team is an action-oriented individual, motivated by high goals and possessing an entrepreneurial mind-set. In this role you will work closely with the technology and business leads across Morningstar to plan and lead complex projects across multiple teams, including the oversight of multiple project plans and key metrics. You will think critically throughout the project management cycle, and continuously seek improvements and efficiencies wherever possible. The ability to communicate clearly at all levels, form strong relationships with stakeholders and proactively identify and manage risks is essential in this role.
This position is based in our Chicago office.
• Conceptualize, define, and manage projects from end-to-end, working closely with the technology and business teams.
• Ensure progress of multiple projects against schedule, within budget and to high quality standards.
• Communicate and track the project plan to cross-functional teams, ensuring its overall success.
• Influence projects to address any deficiencies highlighted by the key performance indicators (KPIs).
• Assess impact of scope changes and propose mitigation plans.
• Manage and drive change where needed to core operational processes, dynamically reacting to evolving client needs and competing priorities.
• Facilitate complex discussions. Effectively communicate objectives and updates to all key stakeholders.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, with excellent academic credentials.
• Minimum of five years of experience utilizing LEAN, Six Sigma, and Agile methodologies.
• Minimum of five years of experience in delivering complex strategic projects across cross-functional teams using hybrid project management practices.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities across cross-functional teams and communicate with all levels of management across the organization.
• Experience working with cross-functional stakeholders to translate business requirements and identify solution options.
• Experience in financial services or investing.
Nice to have
• Knowledge of Morningstar Data and Products.