Project Manager - Federal Division at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewFederal Division, Domestic and International Department of Defense Systems Integration Department
NOTE: May live anywhere in the US with access to a major airport
- Manages the implementation of Motorola Solutions products or services.
- Coordinates cross-functional teams, focused on delivering new or upgraded existing products or services.
- Manages projects from inception to completion (or transition), including tracking and evaluation of project performance.
- Ensures that projects are completed on time, within budget, and within accepted quality metrics.
- Participates in project review and status meetings, and communicates project status.
- Utilizes project management methodologies to ensure maximum project effectiveness.
- Motivates project team to ensure optimal performance.
- May assist in the development of business plans, strategies, and approaches to take advantage of business opportunities.
Additional Job Details:
- Conducts and prepares documentation for internal and external project status reviews.
- Develops and executes detailed project plans which address all scope required by the contract such as design reviews, schedules, installation, equipment configuration, training, and testing.
- Manages and directs subcontractors by creating detailed statements of work, negotiating purchase order results, scheduling installation efforts, and ensuring all subcontracted scope is completed per the project requirements.
- Plans, manages and forecasts project financials including budgets and revenue.
- Controls equipment inventories.
- Prepares technical proposal bids/change orders for system integration projects, as needed.
- Receives positive customer satisfaction survey results at the close of each contract.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Experience with implementing IT communications systems preferred.
- Experience managing and implementing contracts for Department of Defense (DoD) customers/end-users preferred.
- Prior technical background as an Engineer, Senior Technician, Project Leader, or similar experience is desirable.
- Ability to successfully apply advanced project management skills in such areas as customer relations, team building, project planning, conflict resolution, risk management and cost management.
- Must have excellent communication, negotiation, and planning skills.
- Capable of developing detailed project status reports and conducting formal customer briefings.
- Experience forecasting and meeting revenue goals.
- Experience writing statements of work (SOW) and managing subcontractors.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically MS Project and Excel.
- Able to manage complex projects remotely
- Bachelor's degree highly preferred
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must be willing to travel a minimum of 50% or more of the time away from home to include extended periods within the continental U.S. or internationally.
- 5+ years of experience in an engineering or project management discipline
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain necessary security clearance as required by government contracts
Travel RequirementsOver 50%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.