The Investment Management group is a global team guided by Morningstar's investment principles focused on delivering great long-term investment results to help end-investors reach their financial goals. Morningstar® Managed PortfoliosSM, our complete wealth management platform serving financial advisors, offers a broad lineup of strategies built with stocks, mutual funds, and ETFs to help meet an investor's needs at each stage of their lifetime.
We seek an enthusiastic, results-driven candidate to serve as a hands-on Project Manager. This person will work with internal partners in product management, technology, design, marketing, operations, service, and sales to drive high-profile, strategic initiatives forward. This role will be involved in new product and service offerings for financial advisors.
Ideally your project management experience has included hybrid project management practices and has involved planning, coordinating and implementing technical projects across cross-functional teams. The ability to communicate clearly, form strong relationships with team members and third-party business partners, and proactively identify and control risks and dependencies is critical in this role. This position is based in Chicago.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals, and business process/workflow needs with technology capabilities.
- Develop project KPIs and communicate regular project level updates across stakeholder groups.
- Identify and handle dependencies between multiple teams throughout the organization.
- Identify and resolve project issues effectively.
- Identify, monitor, and mitigate project risks.
- Contribute to multiple initiatives concurrently with a focus on planning, scheduling and delivery, coordinating delivery teams to ensure project goals are successfully met within budget and to high quality standards.
- Establish and maintain trusted relationships with product managers, designers, technology teams, operations and business partners.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 3 years' experience in project management, preferably in financial services, working on complex technical projects
- Experience in Agile development practices
- Experience configuring JIRA, JIRA Align and/or Confluence
- Proven ability to manage cross-functional resources
- Ability to work through differing opinions while contributing consistently and positively in a dynamic, high-paced, and often unpredictable work environment
- Effective in promoting a collaborative environment
- Solid coordination, time management, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
002_MstarAssocLLC Morningstar Investment Management LLC Legal Entity