Project Manager - North East Region (Remote) at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Software Enterprise Deployment and Integration team is the team that delivers solutions to the public safety sector. We are committed to providing technology and tools which will allow customers to focus on their mission, and enable them to respond faster with smarter and safer decisions. We deploy and support products such as Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management Systems, Jail Management Systems and Mobile Data Computing, among other offerings.
Emergency Call Handling North East Region
Manages the development and/or implementation of Motorola Solutions products or services. Coordinates departmental or cross-functional teams, focused on delivering new or upgraded existing products or services. Manages projects from inception to completion (or transition), including tracking and evaluation of project performance. Ensures that projects are completed on time, within budget, and within accepted quality metrics. Participates in project review and status meetings, and communicates project status. Utilizes six sigma and project management methodologies to ensure maximum project effectiveness. Motivates project team to ensure optimal performance. May assist in the development of business plans, strategies, and approaches to take advantage of business opportunities.
- Is accountable for the successful implementation, cutover and hand-off to Support for the Central Region emergency call handling projects
- These projects may be as a support PM to a Channel PM or may be as the prime PM for the project
- Writes, manages and implements the master project plan using automated project management tools, processes and procedures.
- Measures the performance relating to achieving each set of goals.
- Understands business implications on all projects.
- Acquires and maintains high level understanding of relevant internal organizational work flows and practices.
- Serves as primary point of contact for customers, subcontractors, and internal staff for the project.
- Establishes and maintains contact with customers and channels as relates to their specific project.
- Provides regular status updates.
- Organizes and facilities meetings with internal and external customers to ensure the achievement of project goals, milestones and deadlines.
- Interfaces with customers and related project managers and channels.
- Initiates, generates, and maintains project schedules.
- Leads scheduling status reviews with team members to track current status against planned progress.
- Perform detailed analyses from program data and recommend solutions to customers.
- Provides ongoing assessment and coverage of the risks associated with a project.
- Alerts management of any problem(s) which could severely or adversely affect the project achievements; prepare plan of action to resolve issues.
- Initiates, generates and maintains the project budgets (labor and capital) and financial objectives (turnover, margin and cash).
- Analyses project costs and leads cost status reviews with other team members and management to track current status against planned progress.
- Ensures designated standards and processes are followed as it applies to assigned projects.
- From time to time, special projects may require a departure from or addition to regular duties.
Project management experience, preferably 7+ years experience in a high tech environment.
PMP Certification - preferred
Experience in telephony and telecommunications - preferred.
Proficient with project management tools, preferably Planview
A good technical competency w.r.t to IP Networking, Firewalls, Operating Systems
Very good presentation skills in audiences containing executive management and/or customers.
Excellent conflict resolution skills.
Ability to build and lead a team with a common goal - to deliver a project within schedule and budget with the highest level of quality possible.
Ability to travel.
Bachelor's degree - highly preferred
Candidates located in the North East US region highly preferred.
7+ years of Project Management experience in a high tech environment.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.