Project Manager – Product Quality & Measurement
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, McDonald’s has a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us to build an even better McDonald's. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing experiences while delivering incredible value and quality in the food we serve.
McDonald's is a people business, just as much as it is a restaurant business. We strive to be the most versatile brand on the planet by building complementary teams who create delicious feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy.
The Quick Service Industry requires quick thinking: our work culture is flexible and dynamic to ensure we are executing with pace and sharing our latest ideas. Our new state-of-the art headquarters, is located in the booming West Loop area of downtown Chicago
McDonald’s goal is to be a modern forward-thinking burger company delivering a contemporary customer experience. Customers are expecting new and exciting experiences and services that are easy to use and seamlessly integrated into their daily lives. The Product Quality & Measurement team plays a significant role in achieving this goal by ensuring our POINT-OF-SALE products meet the stringent quality standard set forth by McDonald’s.
The Product Quality & Measurement team focuses on Pilot/Beta testing of upcoming POINT-OF-SALE releases. As well as overseeing the Defect/Problem Management process for our POINT-OF-SALE & Digital solutions. These responsibilities are critical to McDonald’s being able to rapidly produce the level of Quality that our customers expect and want to interact with.
· 4+ years Project Manager experience
· 10+ years professional work experience
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle
· Customer service focus and appreciation for 24x7 business cycle
· Ability to cultivate and maintain strong working relationships
· Ability to assemble and clearly communicate technical information to all levels of the organization
· Desire to thrive in a fast-paced, often changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment
· Ability to balance multiple challenging priorities successfully
· Ability to understand and lead complex technology solutions
· Passion for customer service
· Energetic, enthusiastic, organized, and customer-focused with a strong attention to detail.
· Desire and ability to build strong, cohesive relationships at all levels of the organization – up, down, and across
· Ambitious leader who actively works to remove barriers to achieving results
· Demonstrated technical acumen
· Bachelor's Degree in IT or business with related experience
· McDonald's business experience / restaurant experience
· Mobile or digital experience
· Knowledge of McDonald's POINT-OF-SALE, Cashless, Back-office, and other restaurant technologies
· Experience with the Jira Defect Tracking solution
· Experience with Agile methodologies
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Beta/Pilot Program Management
· Assist Sr. PM with Execution of overall Pilot Test Approach/Plan
· Oversight of Release Base-lining
· Align with Project Stakeholders
· Act as Field Point of Contact for Pilot locations
· Management of Overall Pilot schedule
· Oversight of Daily/Weekly Call Analysis process
· Schedule On-Site Weekly Pilot visits
· Conduct Daily Stand-up w/ Dev & Support Teams (Align on Priorities)
· Manage Remote Monitoring of Quality Indicators/Drivers
· Approve all Status Reporting
· Present Beta/Pilot findings to Stakeholders/Leadership
· Lead Beta/Pilot Lesson Learned efforts
Defect Management POINT-OF-SALE & Digital Solution
· Directly responsible for all Defect/Problem Management Activities
· Oversight of Defect review sessions
· Creation and Closeout of Defect Projects
· Oversight of scheduled Defect Sanitation phase
· Identification/Implementation of Process Improvements
· Work with Release Manager to prioritize issues for upcoming release
· Oversight of Project Dashboard creation and maintenance
· User Review Analysis -Star rating evaluation (Mobile Application/Digital)
· Close out Reporting
· Oversight of Mobile Device inventory (Digital)
Technical Product Ownership
· Apply project management practices to facilitate on-time and on-budget delivery of multiple interdependent initiatives relevant to US business objectives
· Maintain knowledge of each initiatives' milestones, from requirements definition to testing, integration, pilot, and deployment
· Work with Business teams to ensure proper scoping and business needs are achieved during the pilot phase.
· Directly accountable for Defect/Problem Management team (includes 2 Defect Managers)
· Day-to-day management
· Work with Sr. Project Manager to allocate people resources to projects
· Prioritize work streams to meet business expectations
· Maintain relationships with core product teams
· Field Support, Field Deployment, Quality Assurance & Development, Business Requirements, Project PM
Success in this role requires an appreciation of the 24-hour restaurant business day, essential to understanding customer needs and the environment in which customers and crew interact.
The ideal candidate has a consistent track record of prioritizing and delivering multiple successful solutions, planning complex projects, effective organizational skills, and communication expertise complimented by a strong technology background and understanding of McDonald's business. Although based in Downtown Chicago, IL, occasional travel will be required.