Project Manager - Professional Services
The Professional Services Project Manager is responsible for delivering on-time and on-budget implementations. The role requires a commitment to customer service, professional excellence, and teamwork. The Project Manager will be responsible for planning, managing and delivering successful projects, often for more than one client concurrently; will assist the Sales team in procuring new business; and will provide assistance/training and mentoring for new or more junior consultants.
What You'll Do:
- Enhancing the existing project management methodologies and practices
- Preparation of project plans for new clients including resource requirements, dependencies, priorities and assembly of project budget
- Being the main liaison point throughout the project
- Assisting the client in drafting acceptance testing plans, together with coordinating and assisting in the issue resolution during the testing phase
- Project management of the tasks / deliverables as assigned in the overall implementation
- Business Analysis: Engaging with the client to understand their business challenges and work with them to define effective solutions to help drive the projects forward
- Monitoring and reporting project-related budgets, with a focus on maintaining appropriate levels of margin/deal
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- 3+ years of prior project management experience
- Strong results-focus, including the ability to set and manage personal goals & deadlines.
- Proven leadership skills, with the ability to delegate and monitor
- Ability to identify, scope and manage tasks
- Methodical approach to problem solving, giving the ability to provide practical and efficient solutions to client requirements
- Ability to assess and manage risk, implementing appropriate plans and actions.
- Excellent communication skills, written expression and comprehension.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Quality approach to work, with an appreciation for procedures & controls.
- Superb organization skills.
- Must be available for travel as required by the region/role up to 25%
- Flexible, highly positive outlook
- Able to operate with minimal supervision.
Additional Preferred Skills/Experience:
- Experience gathering technical requirements and managing the implementation of software-based solutions
- Ability to document technical requirements for non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work in an agile environment
STATS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.