Project Manager - Remote, Central US Region at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Software Enterprise Deployment and Integration team is the team that delivers solutions to the public safety sector. We are committed to providing technology and tools which will allow customers to focus on their mission, and enable them to respond faster with smarter and safer decisions. We deploy and support products such as Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management Systems, Jail Management Systems and Mobile Data Computing, among other offerings.
Project Manager for Central US Region.
Emergency Call Handling provides implementation services for both VESTA 9-1-1 and ECW Call Station. This encompasses the implementation activities from Sales Order receipt through hand-off to support.
- Manages the development and/or implementation of Motorola Solutions products or services.
- Coordinates departmental or cross-functional teams, focused on delivering new or upgraded existing products or services.
- Manages projects from inception to completion (or transition), including tracking and evaluation of project performance.
- Ensures that projects are completed on time, within budget, and within accepted quality metrics.
- Participates in project review and status meetings, and communicates project status.
- Utilizes six sigma and project management methodologies to ensure maximum project effectiveness.
- Motivates project team to ensure optimal performance.
- May assist in the development of business plans, strategies, and approaches to take advantage of business opportunities.
- PMP Certification
- Project management experience, preferably 5+ years experience in a high tech environment.
- Experience in telephony and telecommunications
- Proficient with project management tools, preferably MS Project
- A good technical competency w.r.t to IP Networking, Firewalls, Operating Systems
- Very good presentation skills in audiences containing executive management and/or customers.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to build and lead a team with a common goal - to deliver a project within schedule and budget with the highest level of quality possible.
- Ability to travel.
- Bachelor's degree - highly preferred
The preferred location of the applicant is the Central US region.
5+ years of Project Management experience
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.