Project Manager - SaaS and Technology at Sphera
Sphera is a leading global provider of enterprise software and services that enables companies to manage and optimize their environmental, health, safety and sustainability. Our mission is to create a safer, more sustainable and productive world.
We are a portfolio company of Genstar Capital, a leading middle-market private equity firm focused on investments in targeted segments of the software, industrial technology, financial services and healthcare industries. We operate like a start-up tech company but have over $100 million in annual revenue, with more than 3,000 customers, and operate in 70+ countries.
We are guided by our core values of Customer Centricity, Accountability, Bias to Action, Innovation, and Collaboration. These values help us recruit the right talent to join our rapidly expanding team of nearly 700 Spherions around the globe. It is important to us that each and every Spherion is not only eager to challenge themselves and knows how to get work done but is an awesome addition to our company culture.
The Project Manager will be a key part of our team focused on the delivery of our SaaS and technology solutions across the portfolio. The role directly supports the Engineering and Product Management organizations to ensure operational delivery for product initiatives. In this role you will be responsible for the planning, execution, and delivery of projects for multiple product lines. You will acquire a deep understanding of Sphera’s systems and capabilities to provide solutions to a variety of business and technical challenges
You will manage projects focused in our Environmental, Health & Safety and Platform Architecture groups. This includes managing product requirements, development and commercialization/go-to-market activities. Additional tasks include providing regular status reporting, product roadmap updates and supporting the change management process.
This position will include interacting directly with technology and commercial functional teams in a global environment. The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter with leadership and project management qualities that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision. He or she must be a fast learner who can quickly absorb the nuances of complex,
varied product offerings. This position is located in Chicago, IL.
- Effectively manage execution of software delivery projects, managing time, scope and
- Lead project planning activities and facilitate project meetings, ensuring the project team delivers against its commitments with the highest quality deliverables in a timely fashion.
- Leveraging strong project management industry expertise and collaboration skills, identify required activities to successfully deliver the program, ensuring appropriate task assignments are in place.
- Provide project progress reports to project team, stakeholders, management, and executives.
- Build collaborative and productive relationships by partnering with team members and external stakeholders to help accomplish key business objectives.
- Have strong understanding of business and technical problems that teams are solving, able to work with stakeholders and teams to prioritize, clarify, and organize team’s work based on this knowledge.
- Maintain an attitude of commitment and exhibit responsibility for the needs of team members and external customers.
- Identify risks, perform risk analysis, effectively manage risks; proactively raise prioritization and scheduling trade-off decisions, escalating and identifying alternate options as appropriate.
- Lead teams through the SDLC process as well as help the PMO team continuously improve.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product Management to manage key performance metrics.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or similar.
- 2+ years’ experience as project manager in software, SaaS or IT projects.
- Strong communication skills are required with the ability to manage various levels of stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle from requirements gathering to post-implementation customer support and customer adoption.
- Experience in an Agile Scrum environment is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently while coordinating activities with cross-divisional teams.
- Team player; able to communicate with technical and business experts at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent MS Office experience (Project, Power Point, Excel, Visio).
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to think strategically.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
Sphera is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.