Project Manager, Strategic Growth
Project Manager, Strategic Growth
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing soluti ons in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
The Project Manager within the Offering Development team will be responsible for collaborating with both other team members as well as individuals within our practices to develop, rollout and manage strategic service offerings. This is a new team so we are looking for people with an entrepreneurial spirit who are comfortable with ambiguity and change. The individual in this role should be able to create processes and drive projects to completion, not being afraid to get their hands dirty.
We are looking for candidates with 6-8 years of experience in various aspects of project management who also have a background as a consultant in order to drive a new, internal offering development function.
Successful candidates will manage and/or participate in the following types of engagements for our clients:
* Project planning and management across multiple work streams in business and technology initiatives
* Experience in developing and operationalizing new processes within an organization
* Prior experience in consulting or similar professional services organization, with knowledge of service offerings
* Knowledge of product management best practices a plus
* Project management – from planning to execution to knowledge transfer
* Develops and balances plans for successful execution
* Works with key leaders to ensure alignment with transformation goals and objectives – including benefit realization, organization alignment (Target Operating Model), processes and skills
* Actively participates and coordinates program-level interactions with sponsors to ensure proper implementation of programs and projects
* Identifies and implements program management best practices
* Acts as liaison to internal and external constituencies, vendors, sponsors, etc.
* Leads business decisions regarding methods, techniques, and procedures for program design and completion
* Manages resources, budgets, and deliverables
* Proactively identifies and manages issues and risks
* Keep current on professional best practices through professional literature and training workshops
* Business analysis skills related to methodology development and change management
* Bachelor’s degree
* 6-8 years of proven experience in various aspects of project/program management
* Clear understanding and experience in project and portfolio governance approaches (including but not limited to PMI, waterfall, iterative, Agile, Scrum, and OPM3)
* Experience with project /program/portfolio intake/alignment and funding models
* Demonstrated ability to negotiate, persuade, influence others and manage conflict to successful, productive conclusion
* Strong Business Analysis skills
* Must have experience in developing work plans, project scopes, pricing estimates, and presentations to assist in selling work to clients
* Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience
* Prior consulting from either a large/strategic consultancy or internal corporate change management group
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to travel up to 25%
* PMP certification a plus
* Experience with agile development or scrum management a plus
Think you've got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.