Project Manager - Technology
About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois has been selected by the State of Illinois to be the private manager for the Illinois Lottery. The company is restoring transparency, integrity and responsibility to the Illinois Lottery. In partnership with the State, Camelot will operate a modern lottery that truly benefits the people of Illinois. The company’s innovative approach places consumers and social responsibility at its core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. Camelot is committed to building an organization with the strength and experience to grow the lottery and reinforce its rightful position as a force for good.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Global, a leading technology and professional services provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Global’s portfolio of work includes the Irish National Lottery, Loterie Romande, the California State Lottery, the Kentucky Lottery, the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery, among others.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
The Technology team utilizes the latest technological trends to effectively build and manage solutions in an informal, open and collaborative environment.
Within Camelot Illinois, the Project Manager will be responsible for working as part of a technical management function, delivering practical, business focused and technology based solutions to complex challenges.
- Preparation of business cases in conjunction with stakeholders and finance in order to gain financial approvals prior to the mobilization of project teams.
- Overseeing the whole project delivery, ensuring exceptional customer service and high quality technical solutions.
- Leading a matrix team made up of marketing, finance, digital, retail sales, business analysts, technical architects and software focused delivery leads – each with responsibilities for major workstreams.
- Coordinating 3rd parties and interdependencies – including technical providers, design agencies and other vendors.
- Aligning analysis, development, systems integration, test and infrastructure teams, and several 3rd party vendors, to deliver the project with maximum efficiency.
- Budget management, tracking and board level reporting responsibilities for the entire project.
- Work with a number of internal colleagues and external stakeholders in order to deliver objectives.
- Build productive relationships with 3rd party subcontractors and stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate appropriately up to an Executive level and effective at influencing internal and external stakeholders.
- Filter noise in order to get to the issue, and to ensure that other more senior stakeholders understand the important issues, risks and decisions that they need to make.
- 5 plus years experience of project management - involving both business and technical change.
- Strong technical project management experience - familiar with Agile and/or more traditional waterfall development activities.
- Familiar with end-to-end software and/or web/mobile application testing including functional and non-functional testing.
- Proven experience running and governing software development projects involving complex system integration from multiple 3rd party subcontractors.
- Proven experience from successful delivery of projects involving business and technology change e.g. mobile app releases and project management of software releases in a retail environment.
- Proven background in stakeholder management, up to C-level, in both internal and customer organizations.
- PMP or CSM certifications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A professional, credible and measured demeanor.
- Engaging, influential, dynamic and authoritative.
- Flexible, pragmatic and capable of adapting to customer and project needs.
- Capable of operating in wide range of environments, cultures and customer situations.
- Broad level of expertise across the delivery of complex, software based solutions.
- Experience working in complex industries - both from a technical point of view and in a regulatory environment.
- Experience with systems integration and working with multiple third parties.
- Experience within one or more of the following industries: e-commerce, gaming, and retail environment.
- Solid understanding of end to end software development and testing cycles.
- Experience working in a startup environment and/or building up a project/program team from scratch.
- Financial services experience or consultancy background is a plus.
WHY WORK FOR US
Camelot Illinois is building a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology and operations. The Camelot values of being honest, creating together, keeping it simple and thinking long term are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Be Honest: We do what we say, we keep our promises and we don’t rest until we’ve earned each other’s respect
- Create Together: The most effective solutions come from strong collaboration, a culture of innovation, shared goals and respect for everyone’s expertise.
- Keep It Simple: We keep things simple, direct and transparent so customers in particular always know where they stand.
- Think Long Term: We work with customers to build successful lotteries for the next generation, not just the next day.
We want people who thrive in a relaxed, autonomous, results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling career in an organization committed to growing its own future leaders. Career Development is a top priority and we will partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We will bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We will also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture which is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We aim to offer a package of benefits and policies which will compete with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles in their job.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and will support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.