Project Manager at Peapod Digital Labs
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Browse the Aisles
The Project Manager supports Company strategic initiatives and major cross-functional projects as defined by the strategic planning and business prioritization processes. The primary function of this role aligns strategic project objectives across internal and external stakeholders to plan, scope, define and implement project objectives/deliverables end-to-end. They will manage scope, time and costs while proactively mitigating risks and resolving issues, working closely with the business leads & project team members. PMs have a responsibility to manage their assigned projects in the context of the overall company portfolio of projects.
Recipe for Success - What's "in store" for the role
- Participates in the development of the project charter, obtains stakeholder approval, and manages scope changes over the duration of the project
- Facilitates development of the project Governance working with the business to develop, obtain stakeholder approval, and ensure information remains current and teams are held accountable
- Develops and maintains project plans for each project / program within MS Project for PMO managed initiatives, adhering to the Project Management format and at the proper level of detail to adequately track and report on progress
- Provide project teams with agendas and meeting minutes
- Develops and maintains actions/issue/risk logs for each initiative to appropriately track project/programs actions, issues, and risks to resolution / mitigation
- Develops consolidated, standard, and accurate initiative status reporting, as per the defined schedule, that provides transparency to the project / program progress and any issues or risks that could have a negative impact
- Manage and maintain all project documents on Google sites
- Earns and maintains Project Management certification
- Identifies and engages in opportunities to further project management skill set and shares knowledge across the broader team
- Provides clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Effectively identifies and manages day-to-day priorities to support the demands of the business.
- Facilitates meetings in a professional and efficient manner demonstrating best practices for meeting management
- Works with the business partners and leads to ensure alignment to the scope of the project / program and overarching strategy
- Acts as the objective party, challenging when necessary, to provide transparency project stakeholders
- Has the foresight to understand impacts of change and decisions beyond the immediate results
- Facilitates dialogue between business participants to resolve conflicts
- Identifies and escalates critical issues and risks to project sponsors or business leads in a timely manner to facilitate a mitigation plan
- Acts as a champion of change management, demonstrating flexibility and driving sustainability
- Liaise with HR Change Management Lead to create and implement change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance
- Collaboration with functional teams to ensure all deployment activities are known to the operations and other affected parties
- Collaboration with business to ensure known targets and are not at risk
- Tactical project management for small to medium scope cross-functional projects as defined by the strategic planning and business prioritization processes that are intended to drive performance improvement, financial gains, customer satisfaction, and improved compliance across the company.
- Align strategic project objectives across internal and external stakeholders to plan, scope, define and implement project objectives/deliverables end-to-end.
- Manage scope, time and costs while proactively mitigating risks and resolving issues, working closely with the business leads & project team members.
- Responsible to manage their assigned projects in the context of the overall company portfolio of projects.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- 2+ years of experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- PMP Certification
- 20% Travel
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Customer focus
- Attention to detail
- Confidence in engaging is discussions with senior leadership
- Commitment to confidentiality
- Oral and written communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Negotiation skills
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.