Project Manager at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewAt Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it's helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
The Upgrade Operations (UO) department specializes in performing software and hardware upgrades on live customer systems. The UO department focus is on minimizing the customer's downtime during software upgrades in order to optimize their upgrade experience during the moments that matter.
This Position covers the geographical area in territory T2, which includes, NY, Nj, MA, RI, & CT.
Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the implementation of Communication System Projects and will act and be recognized as the leader / focal point for all aspects of assigned project(s). Responsible for delivering the contractual scope, on schedule and within budget, while maintaining customer satisfaction.
Must be able to utilize PM tools (schedule, critical path analysis, budget, change order, risk assessment, action item log, etc) to analyze complex issues and develop resolutions for any issues related to assigned project(s). The PM is responsible for allocating all necessary resources to meet project objectives, corporate financial, and customer satisfaction goals. The project manager is responsible for direct communication to customer’s organization and relevant senior stakeholders internally throughout the life of the project. In addition, the project manager is responsible for the overall pre-tax profit of all projects.
- Leads large programs or portions of very complex programs. Directs and coordinates the work activities of project team.
- Demonstrates a firm understanding of all nine areas of PMBOK project management and has expertise in two areas. Experienced in running project phases. Is able to oversee development of the complete project plan. Is able to establish, track, and audit project budgets, analyze variances and develop action plans as required.
- Represents the organization on projects and may perform in project leadership role.
- A project manager is accountable for accomplishing the stated project objectives within the stipulated time period and budget. Ensures that the three constraints (quality, cost and time) that face every project are properly managed.
- Involved in the management of project staff including project reporting, administration and communication.
- Responsible for project planning, setting deliverable dates, and tracking those deliverables.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Work with the Scheduling team and Engineering Management team to ensure resource availability and allocation. Those resources could be System Technologists, Field Service Organization resources, and/or Motorola Service Shop resources.
- Develop a project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Manage and communicate changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Successfully manage the relationships of all project resources.
- Identify and communicate defects, via the applicable process, that is found in build of material, part numbers, and software versions to appropriate product planners to solve quality and reliability issues that impact upgrades.
- Support and help drive project close-out tasks ensuring a successful project upgrade.
- Lead and drive efficiency by using the tools that help drive Project Management best practices.
- Look for ways to continuously improve Project Management efficiencies, and drive those efficiencies
- Aggressive/Creative problem solving skill; ability to get things done in a multi-organizational environment
- Participation in quarterly project reviews
- Must be able to travel to customer locations for on-site upgrades
- Strong knowledge of Motorola Solutions Astro 25 Public Safety systems
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years experience or 5+ years of project/program management, or engineering
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.