PROJECT MANAGER at Caterpillar
Come join a world class organization and play a key role in Cybersecurity. Caterpillar is looking for a talented and motivated project manager for cybersecurity awareness learning and phishing program.
Role Overview: the position has primary and secondary responsibilities
Primary: This position will be responsible for helping develop a world class enterprise Cybersecurity Awareness and Learning program. This will include researching and implementing industry best practices, establishing sustainable processes for onboarding, offboarding and re-certifying IT professionals and ensuring organizational change management practices are considered to successfully drive a culture of secure behaviors. This role will require excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead projects and collaborate across matrix teams within GIS and the Segment and Service Groups. The incumbent needs to understand the Caterpillar Enterprise procedures, Information Security Directives, and IT general controls, as well as GIS processes for asset and access management.
Secondary: Following the Cybersecurity cultural transformation, this role will be a dedicated resource for the management and execution of the projects initiated for the cybersecurity awareness program including required and targeted learning projects, as well as ensuring the security awareness and phishing simulation align to learning objectives.
Job Responsibilities (Program Management)
This position develops the project plan and executes it accordingly. The role would require strong communication skills, both written and oral, to gather voice of the customers and stakeholders and requesters. The incumbent would be working with the learning manager and subject matter experts in GIS and business units involved. The incumbent needs to understand the Caterpillar Enterprise procedures, its related Information Security Directives and IT general controls, as well as GIS processes for asset and access management throughout the duration of the project. Specific job responsibilities include:
· Work and with customers, stakeholders, and requesters to gather and understand voice of the customers (VOC), Voice of Business (VOB), and Critical Customer Requirements (CCR), both internal and external, to ensure the projects meet the defined and agreed upon requirements.
· Interpret & communicate VOC, VOB, and CCR to the appropriate stakeholders and customers.
· Assist with the overall annual program development, projects and execution plan aligned to the strategy set forth by Security Manager of Cybersecurity Awareness and Learning and Cybersecurity Executive Leadership Define project scope, schedule, and resources and roles for the awareness and learning projects.
· Develop a comprehensive project plan with potential risks/constraints and gain support and approval needed, and articulate benefits and risks involved, and propose mitigation if the Caterpillar standards or procedures can’t be followed.
· Execute the plan as described with proper communication, check points, and updates to ensure successful implementation of the project requirements when applicable, design and develop the end to end pilot and UAT test plan thoroughly with expected results by working with the learning manager, subject matter experts and technical support teams.
· Gather feedback and compile lessons learned for improvement of future projects.
· The position requires a self-starting person with ten or more years of experience with IT projects, excellent communication skills and high degree of program development experience.
· In addition to managing project participants of diverse backgrounds, the position requires experience and excellence in Project Management tools & processes
· College/university degree or equivalent is required, the incumbent should have a good working knowledge for Outlook, Teams, and O365 tools, excellent with PowerPoint presentation.
· In-depth exposure to of Caterpillar policies, procedures, systems, processes, and organizations, and knowledge, experience, or certification in cybersecurity are a plus
This position can be on-site or remote within Illinois.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.