Project Manager at Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewThe Territory 8 Project Management Team works with customers across California. These customer leaders rely on our project managers to be their trusted advisors while implementing complex radio and software systems. The project managers are supported internally by engineers, system technologists and a Project Management Office to deliver these projects on time and on budget while satisfying the customer’s expectations.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the implementation of Communication System Projects and will act and be recognized as the leader / focal point for all aspects of assigned project(s). Responsible for delivering the contractual scope, on schedule and within budget, while maintaining customer satisfaction.
Must be able to utilize PM tools (schedule, critical path analysis, budget, change order, risk assessment, action item log, etc) to analyze complex issues and develop resolutions for any issues related to assigned project(s). The PM is responsible for allocating all necessary resources to meet project objectives, corporate financial, and customer satisfaction goals. The project manager is responsible for direct communication to customer’s organization and relevant senior stakeholders internally by conducting project reviews throughout the life of the project. In addition, the project manager is responsible for the overall pre-tax profit of all projects.
NOTE: This will be a remote position based in Southern California - must live in southern CA and be willing to travel locally 50-60% of the time
- Bachelors and 3+ years of experience OR 5+ years of experience
- Leads large programs or portions of very complex programs. Directs and coordinates the work activities of project team.
- Demonstrates a firm understanding of all nine areas of PMBOK project management and has expertise in two areas. Experienced in running project phases. Is able to oversee development of the complete project plan. Is able to establish, track, and audit project budgets, analyze variances and develop action plans as required.
- Represents the organization on projects and may perform in project leadership role.
- A project manager is accountable for accomplishing the stated project objectives within the stipulated time period and budget. Ensures that the three constraints (quality, cost and time) that face every project are properly managed.
- Involved in the recruitment and management of project staff including project reporting, administration and communication.
- Experience with at least one of the following: Public Safety communications systems, Cellular infrastructure, Military communications, Civil construction or IT Networks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint & Project)
- Highly preferred - PM Masters Certificate a plus. PMP highly desired. PMP and/or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM).
- Understanding of two-way radio / cellular infrastructure communications products, services, and systems.
- Understanding of local public safety customers, such as police, fire, and emergency medical services is a plus.
- Must be a self-motivated team player able to work effectively with general guidance toward objectives.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Bachelors degree preferred in project management or engineering discipline with 4+ years of project management experience
- OR 5+ years of project/program management or engineering experience
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is required. Employer work permit sponsorship is not available for this position.
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Travel RequirementsOver 50%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.