We’re here to ensure the advertising industry and the people in it are healthy and engaging positively and effectively with those around them. We’re here, ultimately, to improve the lives of people working in the media industry. And we take our responsibility seriously.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Centro's technology team is building applications for streamlining digital media planning. Come design and develop great software with us in and make life better for all of our friends in the advertising industry. Our customers live in our apps eight hours a day, planning and executing complex advertising campaigns. We’re looking for someone with experience supporting the development of Business Intelligence and Big Data solutions to be the newest member of our growing band of talented professionals.
ABOUT THE TEAM
At Centro, we’ve always been about making people’s lives better—from our employees to our clients. Today, we’re building a unified platform to execute every digital media advertising transaction, thus providing a new level of automation and intelligence in ad tech. This is an enormous task that will disrupt an industry and improve the lives of those who work within it.
To do this, we need to aggressively expand our Business Intelligence capabilities. We are imaginative, passionate, determined and relentless in our efforts. Of course, we are fascinated by the complexity of engineering problems at this scale—it’s what brings bright minds together. But what keeps us coming back (and why we love coming to work every day) is the chance to improve how work gets done: freeing up people’s time so that they can dream bigger and make life better.
Come build something amazing with us.
- Works with the Data team to build and iteratively improve processes and best practices.
- Supports the creation of a high performing Data team and encourages the team to become self-organizing and internally-motivated.
- Operates and makes decisions in an uncertain environment with limited information.
- Minimizes complexity in a team that spans 3 cities, 2 countries, and 4 functional areas.
- Develops a high-level understanding of our Data infrastructure and operations, building credibility to become a team coach and a bridge between the Data team and key stakeholders outside of technology.
- Builds consensus among stakeholders
- Breaks down large and challenging goals into actionable tasks, gets buy-in, and ensures follow-through.
- Challenges assumptions, especially when something is identified as “can’t be done” and suggests better approaches.
- Protects the Data team to ensure that team members can remain focused on Product Discovery and Delivery, e.g. maintains priority of tasks, and applies just enough management controls to deliver value.
- Keeps Program, Product and Technology management apprised of progress and risk. Radiates information to keep the team and the Centro organization aware of how the project is progressing.
- 3 years of experience minimum working as a Project Manager (or in a related-role i.e. Product Manager, Developer…) in technology.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, a STEM degree is an asset.
- Experience in Business Intelligence and Big Data are assets.
- Proficiency with JIRA and the entire Atlassian Suite and an expert with Excel.
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Demonstrably strong interpersonal skills.
- Impeccable communication skills: Concise and clear.
- Able to pick up new technologies quickly.
- Values outcomes over processes and optics.
- Highly independent, goals-focused, pragmatic.
- Is self-motivating, self-aware, self-disciplined and self-improving.
- Interest in technology either in professional or personal life.
- PMP and/or Agile, Scrum Practitioner certification an asset.
Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and support an inclusive workplace diverse in thought, perspective and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age. We are better together.