PROJECT MANAGER at Trading Technologies
Trading Technologies creates professional trading software, infrastructure and data solutions for a wide variety of users, including proprietary traders, brokers, money managers, CTAs, hedge funds, commercial hedgers and risk managers. In addition to providing access to the world’s major international exchanges and liquidity venues via its TT® trading platform, TT offers domain-specific technology for cryptocurrency trading and machine-learning tools for real-time trade surveillance.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Project Manager who is passionate about solving complex problems, has a desire to learn new skills and thrives in a fast-paced, continuously changing environment. The ideal candidate prides themselves on being organized, values ownership, is detail-oriented, flexible and willing to help wherever necessary. In this role you will be responsible for motivating and leading agile project teams through planning, execution and delivery of high quality software. You will work closely with product managers, engineers, testers, customer success, operations, and support to lead high impact projects.
WHAT WILL YOU BE INVOLVED WITH?
- Build and maintain strong working relationships and ensuring the team operates based on standard Agile and Scrum principles
- Project manage key initiatives that may span multiple teams and drive projects to completion in a fast-paced environment
- Continually manage team priorities and project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
- Ensure project issues are tracked, managed and resolved, and help navigate impacted teams to successful project completion through servant leadership
- Report status and effectively escalate and mitigate risks by communicating with stakeholders and management
- Reflect on your individual and team’s engagement, effectiveness and efficiency and continuously introduce and implement optimization ideas.
- Facilitate discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution within and across teams
- Clearly communicate, improve transparency, and radiate information within and across teams
- Ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to
- Strive to gain knowledge that can enable you to become a leader in the organization, contribute to optimizing our culture and building high performing teams
QUALIFICATIONS & TT CULTURE
- What You Bring to the Table:
- BA or BS in Business, Information Technology or related field
- Previous project management experience with a strong understanding of the software development life-cycle
- Experience with Agile Project Management tools – preferably JIRA
- Experience applying SCRUM principles and practices
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational abilities. Role will require executing multiple projects at any given time.
- Proven interpersonal abilities and able to gain momentum and build trust quickly
- Excellent communication abilities (both verbal and written)
- Proficient in time management, setting priorities and taking the initiative.
- Proven ability to drive tight deadlines and complex projects through completion
- Knowledge of the financial industry and trading systems is a plus
- What We Bring to the Table:
- Competitive benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401(k) and pre-tax transit/parking
- Flexible work schedules, 22 PTO (paid time off) days per year with the ability to roll over days into the following year, robust paid holiday schedule with early dismissal, generous parental leave (for all genders and staff, including adoptive parents) and backup child care
- Tech resources, including: company-provided Mac or PC laptop and/or mobile phone of your choice, fitness tracker (including Fitbit or Apple watch), “rent-to-own” plans that deduct the buyout price of company-provided tech resources overtime; and a tech accessories budget for monitors, headphones, keyboards, etc.
- Stipends and subsidy contributions toward personally-owned cell phones and laptops, gym memberships and health/wellness initiatives (including weight-loss, smoking cessation or Fitbit steps)
- Complimentary breakfast, snacks, fruit and beverages
- Casual dress code and inspiring, motivating office environment
- Forward-thinking, culture-based organization with collaborative teams that promote diversity and inclusion through efforts such as TT Women in Tech
- Internal culture committee dedicated to evolving company-wide camaraderie through onsite, offsite and international team-building events
- Game room, meditation room, fitness classes and onsite bar (TT Tech Tap) providing complimentary beer and wine
- Office is conveniently located above Union Station and close to various public transportation