Resource and Practice Operations Manager, Managed Services
Resource and Practice Operations Manager, Managed Services Practice
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting and managed services firm, but we act like one. From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is seeking an exceptionally capable Resource and Practice Operations Manager to work as an internal practice manager within our national Managed Services practice. In addition to providing strategy execution and operational support to the practice, you will also work with members of our Shared Services function to drive be st practices in business operations.
What will you be doing?
* Serve as a liaison between the practice area and the Strategic Growth arm of the Corporate Development function and be responsible for providing regular strategy update to the Executive team; oversee practice-wide strategic initiatives and manage working teams as needed
* Work as part of the Managed Services team to prioritize market-facing/chargeable time and professional development of all members of the practice by playing a key role in coordinating practice and business needs.
* Partner with Finance to analyze practice area forecasting related to revenue, resource capacity and service-level agreements. Drive insights from data and reporting to make decisions and recommendations at the practice level
* Provide strategic and operational reporting to practice leadership
* Help to develop, track and provide insights to practice development and business development efforts
* Coordinate staffing decisions and recommendations for Managed Services team members in partnership with practice leadership, service delivery managers, career advisers, and project resources. Coordinate staffing for both project-based and operational chargeable client work, practice development needs (e.g. thought leadership), and business development needs
* Meet regularly with career advisers to understand expertise and key areas of development for all practice resources. Focus on professional development of our people by partnering with Human Resource Business Partners to identify relevant training and other professional development opportunities, and remain aware of employee relations also in partnership with HR.
* Coordinate and execute practice-wide meetings and events as needed
What is required?
* Bachelor's degree
* Prior professional Services experience
* Strong client orientation and commitment to continuous improvement; ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships with internal stakeholders
* Prior project management experience within a professional services or managed services organization
* People management experience with the ability to work with and mentor varying work styles
* Experience working with a sense of immediacy, ability to manage competing demands and a diverse set of personalities while maintaining adaptability and flexibility
* Strong communication skills, organizational and negotiation skills
* Prior experience with resource planning tools desired
* Previous experience in managed services or consulting
* Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
* Self-sufficient and able to work within a fast-paced and nimble organization
* Strong attention to detail
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.