Retail Design Sales Consultant
Gladson Design Group (a division of Syndigo) is looking for an experienced professional with knowledge of sales and store design services in the retail pharmacy industry. This role will be responsible for generating revenue via new client acquisition, existing account management, and leading design/implementation projects for clients, as well as helping to open new markets beyond the traditional client base.
The role will involve travel (up to 50%, including some international), and can be based anywhere in the United States with access to a major airport.
- Field all incoming sales leads
- Actively prospect the independent pharmacy and compounding retail channel to generate leads
- Discuss with potential clients the benefits of working with Gladson Design Group for their remodel and new retail site build-outs
- Book and travel to client sites, where role will require:
- Accurately measuring store, noting all construction limitations, ceiling heights, window and door locations, etc. to create as-built using AutoCAD
- Take an accurate inventory of all existing fixtures, furniture, etc.
- Discuss wants and needs for renovation, discuss sales numbers, survey client
- Note competitors in the area
- Take photos to document existing condition of the space as well as merchandising.
- Meet with in-house designer to relay information collected during on-site
- Remain in contact with clients after on-site to answer questions and provide insight
- Assist in preparation of pricing and contracts
- Review contracts with clients and obtain signatures
- Meet and negotiate with vendors/suppliers
- Meet and speak with contractors & sub-contractors to coordinate project installs
- Attend trade shows & seminars as needed to generate leads and identify new partners and suppliers
Essential Skills & Knowledge – (some can be taught)
- Advanced AutoCAD experience
- Construction basics
- Knowledge of pharmacy and/or retail design
- Mechanics of compounding lab design + USP 795, 797 & 800 preferred
- Merchandising techniques knowledge a plus
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must have valid driver’s license and ability to rent a car
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.