Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Reports to: Senior Manager, Marketing Operations
This role offers the opportunity to enable sales and drive revenue with a focus on strategically enhancing our RFP process, responses, and proposal writing. Candidates best fit for this role can craft compelling narratives while navigating multiple deadlines and diving into project management details. They must be self-motivated, organized and driven to understand our products, our audiences, and the HR technology industry.
The below represents the primary responsibilities of the position. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
• Write, edit and project manage deal-advancing RFP responses
• Craft messaging for RFPs around product functionality and gaps
• Identify trends and key product gaps across RFPs to inform product development and RFP prioritization
• Vet incoming mid-market and enterprise-level RFP opportunities for scope of service, deliverables, and product gaps
• Effectively project manage cross-functional stakeholders to ensure timely completion of RFPs
• Collaborate with other marketers to ensure product feature launches and messaging are captured for RFP use and related proposal materials
• Utilize Loopio RFP management software to project manage and automate processes
• Develop and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including internal SMEs, to facilitate RFP responses and content creation
• Track win/loss data, KPIs, and create monthly scorecards to draw insights, measuring impact of RFP support and performance
• Ensure content library remains up to date and on-brand with product content
• Provide occasional content production and project support for additional product, sales and channel marketing needs.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or related field, preferred
• 2-4 years of proposal/technical writing experience
• Experience in B2B SaaS or tech industry preferred
• Excellent writing, editing, and document organization skills
• Ability to translate product messaging and complex concepts into compelling RFP responses
• Adaptable to high volume, shifting priorities and tight deadlines
• Self-driven and energetic team player
• Experience using Loopio or comparable proposal software, a plus
• Experience and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail
• Skills in formatting and graphics development, a plus
• Highly organized and detail oriented
As of 6/11/21 this job excludes CO applicants
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.