At Sprout Social, our Sales Program Management team is responsible for supporting the processes, systems and tools that our employees utilize, while at the same time providing a world-class user experience to ensure the success of our individual teams. We are entirely SaaS based, prefer lean, modern ways of working and are forging a non-traditional path forward. We are looking for a Program Manager with a demonstrated history of effective problem solving and helping to simplify business processes.
You will ensure that our sales teams have the resources, tooling and processes needed to execute their jobs at a high level. You will partner with our Sales and Marketing teams to ensure that the sales organization is focused and in alignment with broader company initiatives/ goals and standards. You will also be responsible for documentation, directing change management, and helping to improve the efficiency of our selling teams
As the Sales Operations Program Manager, you are a part of our Sales Operations organization that is focused on supporting our Sales and Success organizations that drive, retain and grow revenue for the business.
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- 2+ years experience in Sales Operations or Sales Strategy
- Ability to accurately forecast and manage project plans on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Experience with project management tools like JIRA
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM and comfortable with manipulating exported data in Excel
- Experience with sales engagement solutions like Outreach.io, Salesloft or Groove
Within 1 month, you will:
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members.
- Get to know and begin to build working relationships with stakeholders throughout our Sales and Marketing teams, as well as your direct co-workers in Sales Operations
- Begin working to decompose larger initiatives into smaller, more manageable deliverables.
- Receive regular feedback on your approach to our current projects and tasks at hand.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Work with Stakeholders and teammates to create, update, and prioritize quarterly goals into a Roadmap.
- Participate in the Sales and Marketing planning meetings.
- Begin to manage projects that influence the direction of the Sales business in 2021
- Work with Requesters and Stakeholder to produce detailed and effective change requests to set new standards for the teams you support
- Build connections with members from other teams through active networking and community building.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Become an expert on our internal processes and begin producing change and process requests to make our teams more efficient.
- Begin conducting training to drive adoption and best practices.
- Regularly report on overall project status, create release notes and facilitate the creation of additional documentation.
- Work and effectively communicate with other groups across the organization to ensure big-picture alignment and cross-team collaboration.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Be a go-to resource for the teams you support and senior stakeholders in the business
- Participate in cross-organizational projects, demonstrating project management skills, consensus building, and strong leadership.
- Be recognized as a subject matter expert at Sprout
- Establish and begin executing against the long term plan for the teams you support
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to change Sprout in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. For those that prefer an office setting, this role may be based in our Chicago or Seattle locations. If you prefer to work from your home, we can accommodate that for many locations across the United States. We are not set up in all states, however, so please take a look at the drop down box in our application to see whether your state is listed.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2020 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.