Same Day Delivery Planning Manager at Peapod Digital Labs
Browse the Aisles
This role implements, manages and optimizes same-day and flex capacity delivery capabilities throughout PDL. The purpose of this position is to manage internal or 3rd party delivery services both from a technical and operational standpoint ensuring high quality service levels.
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Lead project manager during implementation of same day operations (either 3rd party or internal execution)
- Develop and execute 3rd party SLA for same day services
- Lead creation of same day delivery SOPs in varied formats including warehouses, warerooms, stores and HSCs - Create PDL’s capability to allow “Flex” driver labor within its operations, enabling accelerated sales growth
- Work closely with IT to deliver fully documented business requirements, including process mapping translation into IT requirements
- Manage 3rd party delivery relationship including accountability against SLA - Ensure 3rd party delivery systems and partnership supports the “flex capacity” requirements for PDL in order to successfully increase order capacity on peak shifts
- Lead 3rd party vendor selection for future launches and continued expansion of same day delivery services
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor’s Degree Business, Logistics or Supply Chain management. MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 9 years of logistics or supply chain management, particularly in-home delivery or field service operations - Project management experience to launch delivery operations across Peapod geography
- Strong knowledge of on-demand economy practices, in particular the operating models of crowdsource home delivery companies
- Deep knowledge of last mile delivery route optimization software. RoadNet, Descartes, Cheetah or other similar routing software packages
- Understanding of standard and dynamic route optimization concepts/practices along with on demand routing optimization standards
- Strong understanding of e-commerce fulfillment practices from store-pick to automated distribution centers
- Experienced knowledge of handheld/mobile field technology for home delivery or field service industries
- Basic understanding of cross-company IT integration practices
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Strong vendor management skills to continuously drive strong delivery execution and customer satisfaction
- Process mapping and strong documentation skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to provide support for Peapod fulfillment centers, developing and documenting SOPs for executing 3rd party same-day or flex capacity deliveries
- Strong ability to work with all levels of the organization across varied departments including Transportation, Business Systems, WebTeam and fulfillment
- Ability to continuously seek opportunities for improvement, including best practices both internal and external to the organization
- Ability to clearly communicate both up and down the organization from senior management to field operators
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Licenses & Certifications