SCRUM MASTER, CAT DIGITAL at Caterpillar
Join the team in Cat Digital building the next generation dealer web application that is used by Caterpillar dealers across the world. This asset condition monitoring application provides a consolidated view of all equipment data in a single application that incorporates analytic capabilities. By taking advantage of new predictive analytic models, we can efficiently help to monitor the condition of assets, identify upcoming service needs, extend maintenance intervals, avoid costly failures, and deliver on the value promises of caterpillar dealers. The Scrum master is a critical foundational team member working with a multi-faceted product team as well as development teams, driving the development of Cat Foresight.
The Scrum master/Business Analyst is accountable for ensuring successful completion of projects, on-time, within budget, and error-free. This role will have primary responsibility for creating, analyzing, validating business requirements, and translating requirement into detailed functional requirements. Responsibilities also includes defining acceptance criteria and test cases for each story. The incumbent will be managing scrum ceremonies, planning and execution with project team members. The incumbent will be responsible for managing the project charter, communications, metrics, and reporting
- Create detailed requirement / user stories and communicate backlog priorities to the team
- Work closely with business and other key stockholders to gather and understand technical problems to identify solutions.
- Responsible for maximizing the value of the product and the work of the Development Team
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, and prioritizing the Product Backlog according to business value for the life of the project
- Communicate Product Backlog priorities to the team
- Support various project teams and obtain/provide a variety of information starting at concept stage and continuing through prototype, pilot, implementation, and follow-up stages of various projects
- Preparation and execution of accurate and detailed roll out plans
- Effectively facilitate communication across cross functional teams
- Partner with cross functional teams to proactively monitor the health and status of the Project
- Work and collaborate effectively in a team setting – take direction, proactively seek out information and build productive working relationships across teams and 3rd party vendors.
- Develop and produce groomed stories
- Work with business product team members to Manage project management schedules.
- Use professional project management tools and techniques to manage reporting, tracking charts, checklist, and project scheduling software and to delegate appropriately.
- Manage change and take active leadership in timely decision making.
- Manage schedules that reflect detailed information related to the changes, including effected components and functions, timelines for various stages of project completion, cost, etc.
- Work with the individual team members from multiple functional disciplines and customers to establish completion dates.
- Monitor progress of projects, discusses problems with affected areas, assures appropriate personnel are informed of problem and steps are in place to meet schedules.
- Depending on nature of problems, expected to recommend possible solutions and alternatives.
- The position typically requires a college or university degree or certification that is equivalent.
- 5+ years of agile story grooming, creating functional and business requirements.
- 5+ Experience is creating acceptance criteria and test criteria.
- 3+ years of agile project management experience working with software engineering teams in an agile environment
- Proven experience with project management concepts including project charters, scheduling and planning projects and successful completion
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or influence others inside and outside the department to take specific actions.
- Should have strong project management skills, team leadership skills, excellent communication skills, ability to multitask effectively, strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Previous agile training (spring planning, daily scrums, sprint, retrospective)
Top Candidates will also have:
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) preferred
- Working knowledge of JIRA and Azure DevOps (formerly VSTS), Confluence
- Advance knowledge of MS PowerPoint
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.