SCRUM MASTER, CAT DIGITAL at Caterpillar
Manage scrum teams comprised of Business Analysts, UI/UX Designer, Software Engineers, Testing/QA Specialists, and others tasked with developing and maintaining digital solutions used by Caterpillar dealers, customers, and internally.
The Scrum Master is accountable for ensuring successful completion of eCommerce projects, on-time, and error-free. The principal responsibility of the Scrum Master is to manage the planning and execution of scrum team members. The incumbent will be responsible for managing the Scrum ceremonies, communications, metrics, and reporting.
- Incumbent will lead various scrum teams, which includes facilitating meetings and Scrum ceremonies. This includes preparation work, moderating, and completing post-meeting and post-ceremony work.
- Use Azure DevOps to plan, assign work (stories and tasks), track progress, and report to ensure an on-time delivery of eCommerce enhancements.
- Actively participate in Scrum of Scrum ceremonies
- Manage change and take active leadership in timely decision making.
- Manage schedules that reflect detailed information related to the changes, including effected components and functions, timelines for various stages of project completion, cost, etc.
- Will work with the individual team members from multiple functional disciplines and customers to establish completion dates.
- Monitor progress of projects, discusses problems with affected areas, assures appropriate personnel are informed of problem and steps are in place to meet schedules.
- Depending on nature of problems, expected to recommend possible solutions and alternatives.
Employee may also be responsible for performing other job duties occasionally as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, information systems, marketing, communications, engineering or related field
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering in an agile environment
- 3+ years’ experience as a Scrum Master on software development projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or influence others inside and outside the department to take specific actions.
- Should have strong project management skills, team leadership skills, excellent communication skills, ability to multitask effectively, strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Previous agile training (sprint planning, daily scrums, sprint, retrospective)
Top Candidates will also have:
- Masters’ degree in computer science, information systems, or closely related disciplines
- Scrum Master certification from Scrum Alliance (Certified ScrumMaster – CSM)
- Working knowledge Azure DevOps (formerly VSTS)
- Advance knowledge of Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .