The Investment Management group is a global team guided by Morningstar's investment principles focused on delivering great long-term investment results to help end-investors reach their financial goals.Morningstar® ManagedPortfoliosSM, our complete wealth management platform serving financial advisors, offers a broad lineup of strategies built with stocks, mutual funds, and ETFs to help meet an investor's needs at each stage of their lifetime.
As a Scrum Master you will ensure comfortable functioning in a dynamic and global environment. You will work closely with the product owners and the different technology and business leads across Morningstar to pursue/implement cross team technical projects. You will be very well-versed with Scrum agile methodologies and various Scrum ceremonies like sprint planning, daily stand ups, and sprint reviews. You will be a top performer who is prepared to think critically throughout the project management cycle, teach others the fundamentals of project management, and continuously seek improvements and efficiencies wherever possible during the various data projects implementations. This position is based in our Chicago or Toronto office.
- Conceptualize, define, and manage technology projects from end-to-end, working closely with the development and business teams.
- Participate in estimations with tech and business teams and draft it using standard templates.
- Communicate and track the project progress to cross-functional teams, ensuring its overall success.
- Ensure progress of multiple projects against schedule, within budget and to high quality standards.
- Define, manage, and improve the development process.
- Mentor/educate team members and peers in project management methods and best practices.
- Manage and drive change where needed to core operational processes, dynamically reacting to evolving client needs and competing priorities.
- Manage each major and minor platform release worldwide, then collect and share valuable lessons learned.
- Help global teams to juggle schedules and resources.
- Effectively communicate objectives and updates to all key stakeholders.
- Overall experience of around 5-7 years out of which 3-5 years in leading teams with minimum of five years in large scale system project management set in an agile framework.
- Minimum 3 years of hands on experience of working in Scrum methodology as a Scrum Master.
- Experience in cloud computing and Open source will be a plus.
- Should have experience of planning, executing and monitoring a sprint of minimum two weeks.
- Should be aware of agile planning techniques like poker planning.
- Hands on in reporting the fortnightly, monthly project status to the stakeholders.
- Self-starter, comfortable with implementing and executing Agile development processes and accepting responsibility for seeing projects through to completion.
- Should be a strong team player capable of building trust within the squad.
- Should be well-versed in the art of stakeholder management.
- Should be an expert with reporting various metrics such as sprint velocity, burndown charts and interpret it to the team to support continuous growth mindset.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical, and management skills.
002_MstarAssocLLC Morningstar Investment Management LLC Legal Entity